I cannot rez ingame. I have been a cloud all day. it is very upsetting.

AlexaShade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can not rez ingame. I continue to be a unrezzed cloud no matter where I go or how long i stay online. what is the problem? I downloaded a couple of alt viewers but I can not understand why they are asking for a first and last name. Plz help

UPDATE: Thank you for your help. You were right. I just purchased a lovely new "skin" and I had to replace it with an old one out of inventory before I could rez in world....too sad..but at least I know what to do now...thank you sooo much for your help.

Alexa

3 answers to this question

The first and last name would be AlexaShade Resident. 

The rezzing problem could be various issues, a quick check/fix will be to change out your hairbase with a different one. Sometimes this fixes the glitch and it is easy to try. Just open your inventory, find a hairbase and right click and choose wear. You can also try eyes, skin and or shape. If it works, you can switch back to your hairbase, eyes, skin or shape of choice.

If that does not fix the problem, then you may have connectivity issues. Reset your modem/router.

If that is not the solution, then you may have to clear your cache.

Your first name is AlexaShade.  Your last name is Resident.

To cure your cloud problem, see >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_fail  .  That site was prepared by the helpful support team at Phoenix/Firestorm, but their advice applies to any viewer.  There are many causes for bake failure, so what works for one person will not necessarily work for the next one, or even for the same person tomorrow.  Start at the top of their list and work down until you find the solution that works for you today.

This problem is often caused by cache corruption or a poor connection. You can clear the cache in Preferences -> Advanced. It requires a viewer restart to clear the cache.

You can test your connection on a site like SpeedTest.net. Test to Dallas, Texas or Sand Francisco, California. You can also open the viewer and press Ctrl-Shift-1 to open the Viewer Stats. The Ping and Packet Loss values tell you if there is a connection problem. Ping should be under 250ms and Packet Loss should be 0%. SL is usable and you can remain connected with higher values. But, you start to run into problems like not rezzing.

For all the details and possible fixes see: Avatar Render Problems: Ghost Cloud Smoke Ball Ruth

One of the odd things one can do to rez an avatar is to change your active group. It works on your avatar and those around you. I have no idea why... but it often works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.