Marketplace Problem or problem with viewer or my computer?

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, didn't get my five items from Marketplace today, but I logged in fine, just got no delivery.

However, when I put back V3 (the last one) when I logged into viewer after checking out on Marketplace this weekend, it took about 5-7 minutes for the boxes to arrive.  This time today when I checked out of Marketplace and logged into the viewer, I waited about fifteen minutes or more for my boxes to arrive, but they didn't.

I looked on Marketplace and it says the items were delivered, but they weren't.

So, I'm at a loss here of what to do. 

Why is the viewer not recognizing my username and/or taking so long to send boxes.  However, today got no boxes at all.

Is there any debug thing I can use to fix this?

What should I do?

Should I just give up V3, and change try FS beta and a new spyware?  Or do you think I can debug this V3 because my RVL is pretty good and back at around 1.7 and the viewer is working okay, not great, but okay.

Any advice or anyone heard of this happening before? 

ETA:  Every viewer I've used before I got instant delivery upon logging into viewer... so I have never experienced this kind of a delay, and then today NO delivery.

This is a frequent issue with marketplace.  

It does not handle transactions very well let alone 5 of them.

If you are sure (check your inventory and MP transactions again) then send the vendor or creator (storeowner) a polite notecard explaining what happened.  I am sure everthing will resolve itself in no time.

The ANSWERS section explains this in much greater detail as other residents answer this same question every day. 

But I always got instant delivery before upon logging into viewer.  I've never experienced delays like this, but complete failure was today.

Why no more instant delivery of boxes when I log on, I have no idea why this is doing this?

Also, I rezzed an item in my SL house, and the next time I logged into SL, I had the item attached to my avatar.  lol  That looked funny, but made me think I might have a bug of some kind.

May this is SL; if it can go wrong it will go wrong.  

Hang in there!  They, we, me are not out to make your experience distasteful (forum experiences excluded for purpose.:matte-motes-bored:  )  There is a ton of technology and many points of failure - anything and everything can go wrong at any given time.  It is actually one of the things I love about SL; curve balls all the time. 

ETA When you see the same pitch all the time you begin to learn how to hit them.   That is SL.  

I know, but see with V3, I can't remove the keyword from the search bar and put in another word, so shopping is difficult inworld.

However, I just read the other thread about a cap at about 4 items on Marketplace.  Well, this weekend, I got 7 and 5 I believe it was with a time delay, but did finally get them.

Anyhow, I will go check my inventory and see if they got in there somehow?  If not, it's IM the creator.

I'll try a test tomorrow with a few free items and see if I can get delivery or not. 

Mayalily wrote:

I know, but see with V3, I can't remove the keyword from the search bar and put in another word, so shopping is difficult inworld.

V3 is new. Brand spanking new.  Please do not think that it is a bug-free release.

PS In the words of my mentor "It ain't a bug, it's a feature." 

Although I use the FS beta(I'm not clear on what you meant about spyware) and so far I really like it, I'd advise waiting a few days and see if you still have issues with the Marketplace. I'll go days without crashing or having rezzing issues, the suddenly, issues galore, then the next day, fixed. Like you, I've rarely had delivery issues with the MP, but the ones I had were similar to what you're describing.

Since you're probably just settling into V3, I'd give it a couple of trys just to make sure it's the viewer and not just a random glitch. Get demos or something so there's nothing lost is they don't come through.-nevermind, I just saw where you said you were planning to do that.

My anti-spyware I meant hates FS beta and fights it like crazy.  However, there is another anti-spyware someone told me I could try to download which is a little more compatible with FS beta.  I could try that, and I will get some demos tomorrow and try a test before I delete as V3 is working okay for me, except it won't let me delete a word in the destination guide.  Even highlight the word and right click doesn't have a delete option for the word already in there. 

I've hardly had any MP failures; only about 3-4 since March.

@ Storm, lol, yes I know it's buggy, but somehow it got buggier, especially when that item I had rezzed in my SL house, rezzed onto my avatar the next time I logged in. 

Anyhow, I will test tomorrow with two free demos and see what happens.  If no go, I may need a switch of anti-spyware and go the route of FS beta. 

Hi Maya...I've been reading about marketplace failures for quite awhile now and have always been thankful that I'd never had the problem...I always got mine right away, until yesterday....ordered something, but didn't receive it until this afternoon.  I would give it some more time before you need to worry :)

I ordered a few things on a Saturday a few weeks ago.  Nothing arrived.  I waited the 24 hours recommended and still didn't get the items.  I sent a note  (not to the creators) but to LL.  I found it here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Shopping-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700195

Under support for shoppers is an option for "Unreceived Items", then clicked on "Submit a support case"  I told them what happened, included my order number and what was missing.  This just seemed easier than contacting each individual seller to ask them to resend what Marketplace messed up on.  A few days later I got a response back from LL along the lines of - so sorry you had this problem, we verified your order and have resent the items.  Great!  I logged back in - no items.  I figured I'd take care of it later.  I was logged in for almost an hour when the items suddenly started arriving.  I got them all eventually.  I am sure your stuff will appear, if not a quick note to LL should fix it.

If IMs are capped, then items sent by scripted objects (like Magic Boxes) will probably not be delivered. If you are logged in when you actually hit the button to complete the purchase, you are much more likely to get the items. So go ahead and put thing in your cart when not inworld but only buy them after you log in.

But then you can also do everything right and still not get them.

The first rule of marketplace is to be logged-in in the viewer anyway, ready to receive deliveries.  If you're not logged in or are 'busy' then there are known to be more delivery failures.  IM-capping just sets an absolute on that.

Secondly; never, ever use the 'shopping cart'.  Buy one thing, wait for it, accept delivery.  Buy one thing ...

Yes, this means having the SL viewer and your browser open at the same time but unless you're in a busy, packed, laggy area in SL there shouldn't be too much load on your system.

In the last several weeks I have had tons of delivery failures on MP, though in every case but one the order history showed undelivered and did not take out the lindens.

Even though most cases the delay is less than an hour and can sometimes be coaxed along quicker by relogging, I have to say this 'up to 24 hour' policy is pretty much a fail globally in terms of what SL consumers need. In fact anything longer than 10 minutes wait in many cases for me is money wasted as I work inworld in entertainment and have to often dress for themed events. If box don't arrive, I buy something else and if the problem continues I will just stop using marketplace at all. It doesn't even help much to go to the location listed as most places have TP routing and just rezzing the store on my machine sometimes takes a good 10-15 minutes, then I somehow have to find the thing and most places have zero customer service on hand.

I want to mention the one instance where it didn't deliver and what actually happened. I am on FS beta 3 but this may also be a viewer issue on other viewers as well..

I was waiting for a delivery and a notice for something else arrived. I clicked to read the notice and just as I OK'd it, the delivery came and popped up right on top of the other notice, causing me to click 'decline' which was in the same position as 'OK' for the other notice. This may seem like an unfortunate cooincidence, and fortunately the creator was willing o resend even though the object was trans and not real cheap. I don't believe this is so much cooincidence though. Delayed deliveries seem to show up as other features like IMs, Notices etc get activated to a particular avatar. I don't undertand the mechanics admittedly but it seems to have some correlation to my avi being active within the system. Certain things will trigger the delivery faster.

So be careful and pay attention to the screen when clearing notices. Just clicking to look could be what causes that thing you are waiting for to show up and being click-happy can get you undesireable results.

I'm not sure why it hasn't been thought of yet, but these veiwers (everything from standard to 3rd party) could really use an integrated receiving bay of sorts. In other words a seperate panel or window that holds incoming objects for reciept and approval and keeps track of sender/creator info etc. The settings for delivery of objects really need to be defined differently than our IM/notice cache wich is pretty useless anyway with the current cap if you have any amount of groups or contacts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.