Hard Time Finding The Right House

Mitchell Indigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone:

I've been in the market of looking to buy a very nice large house with at least 3-4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and good size of all the rooms such as living room, dining room, office, etc...  I'm also looking for various colors as well as light and dark wood floors and carpets in rooms too.  I would like to know if anyone knows of houses like this ?  I'm wanting one that I can put on a 8192 sq meter parcel as well.

Thank You

Mitchell Indigo

I hate to say "search Marketplace" but that's really the best way. If you have v2 your search won't help you.

There are some really good luxury house makers out there. 

If you wanted something less modern I'd say, Cierra Anatine. 

I'm more into stone cottages, worn wood cabins and such. But the more specific you can be the more it might jog someone's memory. Also, where have you already tried?

Mitchell Indigo wrote in part

I've tried Dominion homes, but his rooms, some of them have non matching wall colors...

Many builders do sell houses with Mod permissions so changing the colours around on paint effect walls shouldn't be too much of a problem for even the least skilled person.  Changing to new textures such as changing wallpaper or carpets may present a few challenges to align and resize your desired textures, but nothing that can't be achieved with a little patience or help from friends.

Not many homes have 2 bathrooms. These houses would be over 500 prims for just the building alone. It is not much demand for large buildings. Have you considered asking under wanted? Maybe you can get a house built for you, or a builder add on a few rooms if you find a house you like.  It is a bit unusual that you want different flooring, light and dark wood in the same house? I hate that myself, lol. So some custom work on the textures might be needed.

This one looks nice... 6 bedrooms, I am sure you could turn one into your second bath? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Villa-de-Paris-Mansion-Unfurnished/2604149 

Sorry to plug my own but I made these in response to customers who said they were having trouble finding family homes they like - these are the video links to two of them; I have three versions of the Southern Homes line.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nospamkat#p/a/u/2/3dW3Kb2wiyM

http://www.youtube.com/user/nospamkat#p/u/3/c_HFhoD7RA0

Good luck with your building! I have tried to dabble in building myself, but it took so long time. And it still looked like crap after several days of work, hehe. The good builders, like Pamela, has so great houses that it's tempting to just buy a prefab. One that is modify so you can change it, remove walls, add on a room... That is far more easy!

Roofs was very hard. I saw that it is starting to come mesh building components on the Marketplace... I am so tempted to give this roof a try: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ROOF-AA-2-prims-MESH-boxed/2694138 

You can buy an inexpensive house (there are some very nice ones, even free ones) so you can see how it is built, then begin building your own (and Maryanne is right, the roof is the hard part, unless you make a flat one).

Builder's Brewery is a good inworld group to belong to -- they are a large group and can give you tips when you need them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.