Linden Lab taking a bigger percentage of sales on marketplace?

Alexxis DeCuir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I noticed this on the 13th. It must have been the exact same time they rolled out  the new marketplace changes. They are taking more L per sale. Is this correct? If this has already been mentioned I do apologize. Can someone tell me if they are taking a bigger percentage with these updates? I can't find any information on this.

(The information below is two customers purchasing the exact same item)

09/13/2011  12:48:50 xxxxxx Source: Commerce Linden MKT2 Item Purchase L$1,805

09/13/2011 06:53:13 xxxxxx Source: Marketplace Linden MKT2 Item Sale
Description: Order #xxxxx, Item #xxxxx (Customer Name) L$1,843

Thank you for any info on the situation

Alexxis

@Nefertiti

My own sales appear to be fine in terms of commissions, if not otherwise.

The sales commission difference shown by Alexxis is actually not explicable by the size of the total order, if you think about it. Even with shopping cart sales, the maximum commission discrepancy would be between ordering 10 items separately at 9L and ordering them together; 5% of 90L; rounded up; 5L.

@WADE1

09/13/2011 06:53:13 comes BEFORE 09/13/2011  12:48:50

http://www.google.com.co/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=es&source=hp&q=how%20to%20read%20a%20digital%20clock&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&fp=979e5d0f4c101b00&biw=1366&bih=600&pf=p&pdl=500

The transaction balances listed above is the amount of L i received after LL took their cut. I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that they are taking less of a commision than before. The same item was purchasedsingularly by both customers. (No other items were ordered at the same time by either customer) Before the new marketplace changes took place, I made 38L more per transaction on that item by iteself. All I want to know is why am I making less now.

The item in question is listed for 1900L. A lot of my items are. Looking at recent transaction history, I used to make 1843L per 1900 single item order. Now I make 1805 for that same order.

Anyone know whats going on? Or have the same issue?

**edited to add**

And yes

this transaction:

09/13/2011 06:53:13 xxxxxx Source: Marketplace Linden MKT2 Item Sale
Description: Order #xxxxx, Item #xxxxx (Customer Name) L$1,843

came before this one:

09/13/2011  12:48:50 xxxxxx Source: Commerce Linden MKT2 Item Purchase L$1,805

I just took them directly from transaction history in the original post, so it shown the most recent first.

from what others have said you should have received an email from LL a few days ago telling you that from yesterday you would no longer receive the discounted commission for being a high income seller.

1805L is correct and reflects the 5% commission rate you're now being charged.

I was not wrong about the discrepancy as described by Nefertiti, which is what I addressed.

And Nefertiti was as wrong as I was about the nature of the discrepancy, so where's your criticism for her?

As for earlier predicting that LL would begin to squeeze merchants in a way that XStreet had not, I have been correct about that, even if the specific mechanism was momentarily mis-identified.

And I was not wrong about how to read a digital clock, if that's what you actually meant.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.