Songs you hate, that get stuck in your head anyway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Another damned video thread, you say?  Whatever... I love 'em... so, suck it up.

I'm only posting this because I've had this song stuck in my head for hours now and I hate, hate, hate it...

Of course, the song does not have to be stuck in your head at the moment... here's one I've had stick before that is just as bad, if not worse...

Have at it ...Dres

Lynda Klossovsky wrote:

Anything by the vengaboys was pretty terrible, in my opinion anyway..

oh dear cotton eye joe is barn dancing (giggles)

Its been a while since i was in one let me tell you...

How dare you criticize the Venga boys?... lol.  Terrible, maybe, but terribly catchy... what do you think this thread is about anyway... lol.

Which, I actually like... but then there's this travesty...

And of course, the absolute worst...

Am I gonna have to mute you, in the forums, just because you keep putting these horrible songs in my head?

Evil... just evil... lol. =P

...Dres

Nacy Nightfire wrote:

I have 500 emails I must answer that come that all come from Nigeria...something about a bank, a deposed queen, frozen assets, a lifetime opportunity....

If it's a deposed drama queen, the message is likely from Maddy. If so, you have my sincerest apology, Nacy. This happens when I fall asleep before she does.

Meanwhile, here's Oliver Sacks weighing in on the subject of stuck songs...

This reminds me of a chat game we used to play in The Sims Online (there wasn't much else to do while watching your avatar read a book for hours on end, which you had to do to have high enough skills to make good game money, which you couldn't just buy with real money like in SL), that all started when someone mentioned that they had a particular song in their head.  I told them that the only way to get the song out of their head is to replace it with another song that's even worse.  Of course, this creates a new problem, as now you have an even worse song in your head!  And the only way to get THAT song out of your head is with ANOTHER...well, you get the picture.

Ultimately, if you get to the point that nothing is aweful enough to push a particular song out of your brain, congratulations:  You've just found the world's worst song!  lol

I forget which song won.  Perhaps Disco Duck.

Other contenders (and note that this was before youtube urls, we were old school text-chatters, so all it took was a few lines from a song to make people scream in horror):

Relax!  Don't do it!  When ya wanna get to it!

Bad girls.  Talkin' 'bout those sad girls!  Toot toot!  HEY!  Beep beep!

Hello.  Salut.  Is me.  Picasso...NUMA NUMA NUMA HEY!

I yi yi yi, I'm your little butterfly (actually I love that song lol)

Diadects and Narpets by Rush  (YES!  NO!  STOP!  GO!)

I'm too sexy for my shirt

I'm an Indian outlaw!  Half Cherokee and Choktaw!  My skwaw she's a Chip-ah-wah-wah-wah!

The Miley Cyrus version of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Ninety nine, dead baboons, lying in my living room

One Eight Seven Seven Kars For Kids!  Kay Ay Are Ess, Kars For Kids!  One Eight Seven Seven Kars For Kids!  Donate your car today!  (actually a wonderful charity)

And so on...

hey there, we have a similar sense of humor..

The song that goes i yi yi, im your little butterfly is a my litttle pony song, done by dj flyshy (fluttershy)

(its on youtube)

quote; 99 dead baboons lying in my living room..gees it must smell...

( thats the english version of neun und neunzig luft balon..nina hagen.. isnt it? )

• 7 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.