Wanna check out some little animated mesh birds?

WADE1 Jya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

These birds aren't available at my shop yet... but I thought why not let people see a sneak preview of my work today!

Visit my nondescript sky platform today to see these new animated mesh birds... coming soon to SL.

All new AI system allows them many natural life-like behaviors!

You will need a mesh-compliant viewer to see them!

If you are unsure whether you can see mesh properly yet -- this is a great way to find out.

Pro tip: If you only see flittering paper-thin triangles.... you're doing it wrong.... :matte-motes-bashful:

I'm very happy with the way they look so invite all to check out new creations!

***My avie will be inworld there, so feel free to leave feedback or anything :smileyvery-happy: I'll be AFK (off to walk along the beach with my partner, relaxing after marathon coding sessions) but I'll respond to any questions or whatever when I get back!

Cheers!

Visited today, the bird looks good, reminds me of claymation as the animation doesnt look like unrelated pictures but like invisible fingers are shaping the bird. A little alarmed at how close you need to be to see mesh birds, as they turn into triangles from only a short distance. Even if this saves server resources, its still too short a distance and the triangles look bad, would rather not see them at all.

Void Singer wrote:

Cool VL see's mesh and is quite viable for most users who prefer not to use vaniLLa V3 for whatever reasons.

Yes, and I noticed in their forum that somone wants to make a Mac version -- if they do, I will be there! Supposedly WAY faster than v3.

Thanks for lots of feedback people....the birds are now done today, except for adding their birdsong (they will sing whenever you see beak open). Sound editing was complete six months ago, so its just a matter of loading these samples into SL, and this bird's ready for release.

@ Chronometria, that transition to triangles you were seeing is the lowest LOD (level of detail) setting. It is directly linked to draw distance. If you increase your draw distance (mine is 512m), it hopefully becomes far less noticable for you (triangles only appear for breif second as mesh first comes into view from quite far away, it would be only a few pixels on your screen), similar to the effect when a sculpty first rezzes at a distance.

I'm happy to see there's some solid interest in these, although I wonder why some people who have viewer 3 can't see them still at all. Would they just be on older computers? One guy came through, he had Viewer 3 and apparently had a good machine, with graphics settings all cranked up & still could see nothing at all!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.