Viewer 3 in Blue Without Sidebar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Luschious Nightfire wrote:

I must mention that I tried Singularity viewer a week or so ago, I really loved it, if only it had a side bar
:(

how did it compare to other options?... I keep meaning to try it, I hear it's very stable, but I'm always too busy to experiment.

Ceera Murakami wrote:

[...] V3 still lacks a text entry field in the text chat floater, which they eliminated in V2 for no reason whatsoever.[...]

actually they did have a reason... it was the cause of multiple focus problems in the UI..... I'd have preferred that they fixed the focus issue instead though, since it just makes sense to have text entry to text reading when you detach the window. it's an annoyance for me because I prefer chat history in the top left at ~5-6 lines

Conifer Dada wrote:

I grew to like Viewer 2 and now  Viewer 3 which looks the same.  The sidebar is OK when one gets used to it but my only real criticism is that the camera controls tab is too big and intrusive.  It would also be nice if we could customise the Viewer to our own choices of colour.

Maybe LL will do something like this: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_colorschemecontest

@ Deej, ty :)

Void Singer wrote:

Luschious Nightfire wrote:

I must mention that I tried Singularity viewer a week or so ago, I really loved it, if only it had a side bar
:(

how did it compare to other options?... I keep meaning to try it, I hear it's very stable, but I'm always too busy to experiment.

To be honest, Its wonderful :)  very clean UI, and the visuals are fantastic. It also seemed much faster than V2.  And the more I think about it, I dont know why I stopped using it... hmmm.  I think I will give it another try, the only reason I stopped using it is because I was in a rush, and I could find my LM's or outfits, lol

Void Singer wrote:
Ceera Murakami wrote:

[...] V3 still lacks a text entry field in the text chat floater, which they eliminated in V2 for no reason whatsoever.[...]

actually they did have a reason... it was the cause of multiple focus problems in the UI..... I'd have preferred that they fixed the focus issue instead though, since it just makes sense to have text entry to text reading when you detach the window. it's an annoyance for me because I prefer chat history in the top left at ~5-6 lines

I don't buy that excuse. If that was the case, then why isn't the text entry field in the IM floater a problem? And why was Firestorm able to put the text entry field for text chat back into the floater, with no ill effects?

I never said it was a good reason.... as for the why... I think it might have had something to do with the (then) newly added "typing opens chat" preference, and how that code was integrated....

I can't be sure though because I pointedly stay away from digging around in viewer code... too much like work.

Much better!  Looks great! 

I am using the old Phoenix right now and it is a pain and a half; it's so slow and not all things will rezz with the old Phoenix.

I found Firestorm to be the best viewer I've tried so far, but unfortunately I got broken bridge links in Firestorm and could not get a clean install of Firestorm no matter what I tried.  I'm waiting for the next Firestorm update as Firestorm has better graphics for my older computer.  I'm just waiting for the next update.

I don't see what people are raving about with Phoenix?  It has sharper rather than softer angles for the avi's, and the Phoenix viewer performs very poorly on my computer.   Firestorm graphics are terrific and Firestorm is so fast!  Sometimes, Firestorm is almost lagless, and it's just an amazing viewer.  Needs some tweeks here and there, so I'm hoping for a better Firestorm viewer as time marches on.   One thing I don't like about the Firestorm viewer is when I type any word in my inventory, all my folders open, and that is a lot of inventory to go through when everything opens like that.  I hope they can fix that issue with the inventory and the keyword search in the inventory box so that all the folders do NOT open. 

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it for 3 months and no dice.  Cant see long descriptions in inventory, file uploads in two different places,

cant drag and drop textures easily on profile, events veiwer is a pain in the royal, little boxes and notices always builidng up, and after 3 months I find it annoying at best.  Hoping V3 rocks.

Mayalily wrote:

Much better!  Looks great! 

I am using the old Phoenix right now and it is a pain and a half; it's so slow and not all things will rezz with the old Phoenix.

I found Firestorm to be the best viewer I've tried so far, but unfortunately I got broken bridge links in Firestorm and could not get a clean install of Firestorm no matter what I tried.  I'm waiting for the next Firestorm update as Firestorm has better graphics for my older computer.  I'm just waiting for the next update.

I don't see what people are raving about with Phoenix?  It has sharper rather than softer angles for the avi's, and the Phoenix viewer performs very poorly on my computer.   Firestorm graphics are terrific and Firestorm is so fast!  Sometimes, Firestorm is almost lagless, and it's just an amazing viewer.  Needs some tweeks here and there, so I'm hoping for a better Firestorm viewer as time marches on.   One thing I don't like about the Firestorm viewer is when I type any word in my inventory, all my folders open, and that is a lot of inventory to go through when everything opens like that.  I hope they can fix that issue with the inventory and the keyword search in the inventory box so that all the folders do NOT open. 

not sure if you tried this or not..but if your bridge is giving you problems..just delete it and then go to the upper menu and  go to "Avatar Health" then choose "Create new LSL Bridge"

that may help with that problem..

with the inventory problem..maybe the Colapse button may help if you haven't used that..it will close all the folders at once without having to go to the menu to choose close all folder..

also if you did not see it ..down at the bottom of the inventory there is another icon of the inventory that will open an additional inventory window without having to go to the menu as well..

i just figure i would add that last one for the fun of it =)

I got V3 immediately before the Firestorm mesh beta was released. I wanted to see some mesh for myself so downloaded it. The Labs have been working hard on quite a few issues in the last 6/8 months and based on these positive results, I gritted/grat/grote? my teeth and thought I would give it a try.

I can definately use it. I did not see anything in particular that annoyed me. This is the first labs viewer I have used in nearly two years. Now when I log in I can ask myself for the first time without any trepidation whatsoever, Firestorm or V3? and feel no negativity toward V3 whatsoever. So much so that I havent bothered to dld Firestorm mesh beta just yet.

I say right here and now, loud and clear, firstly, thank you Linden Labs. Thank you for listening. Secondly, thank you Jess Lyon & team also. With the labs & Jess's team slaving away (and other dev parties such as the wonderful Keli's example), I dont really see any reason for not moving constantly forward with viewers now.

I wonder if the Labs recoiled in horror when they first saw the results of the new outsourced V2. Those days are long gone.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

I got V3 immediately before the Firestorm mesh beta was released. I wanted to see some mesh for myself so downloaded it. The Labs have been working hard on quite a few issues in the last 6/8 months and based on these positive results, I gritted/grat/grote? my teeth and thought I would give it a try.

I can definately use it. I did not see anything in particular that annoyed me. This is the first labs viewer I have used in nearly two years. Now when I log in I can ask myself for the first time without any trepidation whatsoever, Firestorm or V3? and feel no negativity toward V3 whatsoever. So much so that I havent bothered to dld Firestorm mesh beta just yet.

I say right here and now, loud and clear, firstly, thank you Linden Labs. Thank you for listening. Secondly, thank you Jess Lyon & team also. With the labs & Jess's team slaving away (and other dev parties such as the wonderful Keli's example), I dont really see any reason for not moving constantly forward with viewers now.

I wonder if the Labs recoiled in horror when they first saw the results of the new outsourced V2. Those days are long gone.

i have a question about their V3 that  i asked about thier V2 as well..

did they add the media filters yet or no?

because if they haven't then a lot won't even touch it to find out how good it is or not..

LL better realise that a lot of residents are concerned about security and that whatever they come up with no matter how good thiers is..if it's riddled with holes  for asshats  that  a lot of people won't touch it with a ten foot pole..

if it does have the filters then i'll go download it and check it out right now ..i would love to see how theirs runs..=)

i kind of miss using the home viewers actually..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This new viewer is a big change for sure. Many of the changes people will adjust too. However, when I tried to upload a texture, I found that all uploads where greyed out. So I will hold off on updating until the next update when hopefully uploads are once again available.  Fortunately, I had the previous version from Oct downloaded. So I went back to that version.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.