Hello Everyone !

Hailey Takacs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hailey Takacs wrote:

How will that work with the last name of Resident?

Many new residents will just put both the first and last name they want in the First Name field.

For example, if I signed up today I would be "HayleySpore Resident". You're almost guaranteed to get the name you want that way!

There are so many possibilities... he could pick something descriptive, such as Steeleye or PlatypusJoe (a distant cousin of Crocodile Dundee), modify an existing name (Damian - Damean - Damion - Damon etc.), choose something mythological (Gwydion, Carnivean, Hastur... these can easily be modified too, like I did when I turned Ishtar into Ishtara), come up with something funny / nonsensical, like WookieeSandwich or BetterMousetrap (great neko name), or pick something that sounds scientific and geeky, such as Neutrino or Hadron (people tend to misread the latter, which makes for a great conversation starter).

The day they came out with the new naming convention, they also listed those names 1st in search.  As such, everyone scrambled to make as many alts as they could to save the names as their keywords.

They quickly nerfed that in search but now there are a ton of names that cannot be used since LL will not ever delete an inactive account. (It hurts their resident count which they love to mislead with)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.