Do you love Second Life?

Wyland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If so...check out the people there filling the board with such an awful portrayal of Second Life that they are convincing a number of others to stay away from it .

Go visit the site below and put in your 2 cents...if you are so inclined. Tell the others why you love SL.:matte-motes-inlove:

http://www.oprah.com/own-doc-club/Life-20-Trailer

EDITED AS REQUESTED BY MODERATOR TO REMOVE THE NAME OF ONE PERSON IN PARTICULAR WHO WAS TRASHING SECOND LIFE OVER AT OWN, WHERE A MOVIE ABOUT SECOND LIFE WAS SHOWCASED AND HAS IT'S OWN SECOND LIFE DISCUSSION THREAD OVER THERE.

They say there is no such thing as bad publicity. The negative comments over on that site are likely to make more people curious enough about Second Life to join in than to be put off.

Edited to add: This Petuna character certainly likes the sound of her own voice!

Marigold Devin wrote:

They say there is no such thing as bad publicity. The negative comments over on that site are likely to make more people curious enough about Second Life to join in than to be put off.

Edited to add: This Petuna character certainly likes the sound of her own voice!

^^This^^ Just look at Rebecca Black. :)

Keli Kyrie wrote:

^^This^^ Just look at Rebecca Black.
:)

^This^

Never read stories themselves about her, but surmised what was going on by the headlines...soon after, happened to be watching a show where she sang as a guest...OMG, really, really bad...I'm thinking WTF?  Just goes to show you the power of bad publicity, with the media combined, can do for you :(

Beautiful avatar identifier Ceka or whatever these avatar member thingys are called. How did you get the little pink man to animate ? There is another one in here of a black cat filing her nails, I love it!!!! Wish I knew how to add an animation like that ;)

Thank you to the ones that added insightful posts over at OWN, well done. It is so helpful to shed a light on the positive side to SL for new and potential new members to see and realize that there are A LOT of positives to Second Life!

I will defend SL to my last breath :smileyvery-happy:

Wyland wrote:

Ishtara , lol

Cross forum drama?

Como se huh?

Over 5700 comments, you go girl
:)

I don't see what my post count has to do with your dragging a discourse from another discussion platform into this forum, where the poster you're criticizing doesn't seem to read or post and therefore has no chance of defending her views.

LOL Ishtara, nice way to take my post out of context...anywhoooo put away the claws babe, gonna have to go look for a fight to start elsewhere as you are SO not gonna get a fight out of this one, thank you and please drive through...

OMG Wildcat!!! Yours is my most very very very favorite , it is adorable and that was very sweet of you to post a link where I can learn to put animation in mine. 

Thank you again, you be one cool kitty :matte-motes-inlove:

Wyland wrote:

LOL Ishtara, nice way to take my post out of context...anywhoooo put away the claws babe, gonna have to go look for a fight to start elsewhere as you are SO not gonna get a fight out of this one, thank you and please drive through...

Oh sheesh, snap out of it girl. I'm not as feminine as you seem to think. I don't go looking for catfights and I don't gossip about other people behind their back. Re-read my original post in this thread and you might notice that it was meant to be tongue in cheek. It was you who tried to start an argument with your quip about my post count.

Wyland wrote:

Beautiful avatar identifier Ceka or whatever these avatar member thingys are called. How did you get the little pink man to animate ? There is another one in here of a black cat filing her nails, I love it!!!! Wish I knew how to add an animation like that
;)

i got it from Ishy hehehehe

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

That's a bit like asking a smoker if s/he loves cigarettes, or Rosie O'Donnell if she loves pie :smileyvery-happy: It's a love-hate relationship. I mean, isn't it always? Can you really love something without hating your dependency on it?

PS: Do you love cross-forum drama?

HEy, even skinny people love pie and really know they shouldn't eat it. One peice of pie has like 50% of the USDA's daily requeirements of fats! I can eat a whole normal sized pie and am not really as fat as rosie!

Seriously though, my arteries will clog up if I do this everyday. I mean, cake frosting is the same, cookies...I can eat sugar till I almost pass out and feel sick. But I don't, and I move around a bit each day at the very least, if not do light excersise or pace hour after hour! I realy want to work on a standing desk, this makes much more sense. Sitting is not my thing, so....it is better to move around.

But, there are moments in time I would eat cookie all day and even, if no cookies are aruond, simply get a spoon and a bag of sugar....no joke, but only a spoon full or two a day! So, I am not a hardcore junky overdosing. But, yes, even if I am active and so on I need to control it, not just Rosie! Although, obviously she is stressing herself more if all things are equal.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.