Your world. Your imagination.: What does this mean to you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I believe it means anything is possible. I like to create objects.

A favorite of mine is spinning shapes. I've created over 200 unique shapes. I could show you shapes you have never seen before. Many of the shapes have a "where have I seen this before feeling".

A secret form of Art can be found in textures. At first I could not see it and then It was all I could see. It's everywhere. It's creepy

It's not so much what it means to me as what it meant to LL's lawyers.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the 'Your World Your Imagination' Tag line was quietly hidden a long time back. Sometime around the Zindra fiasco when LL started stamping on their residents and customers with their jumbo sized 'made in China' jack boots.

The phrase itself - a laudable concept! was proving to be an embarrassment to the admin and the lawyers who were getting fed up with it being thrown back in their face each time they took a new action which was plainly against the spirit of the phrase.

Altough LL still retain ownership of that tagline - can you point me to where it is now prominently displayed or used other than in the small print of brand use terms and conitions?

I feel LL are  just enjoying the residual PR benefits of a philanthropic slogan that most people still mistakingly think is SLs mantra.

^L^

Lasher Oh wrote:

Altough LL still retain ownership of that tagline - can you point me to where it is now prominently displayed or used other than in the small print of brand use terms and conitions?

No, I cannot point to it and I did not look.  How do you express yourself in SL?

Venus Petrov wrote: What does 'Your world.  Your imagination.' mean to you?  How do you express it in your Second Life?

An interesting question Venus and within the confines of the tools provided to us an answer, for me, could never be singular.

It's a wonderland full of surprises and creativity.

It's Alice in Wonderland to Robinson Crusoe ( also some of The Emperor's New Clothes)

It's a clean slate waiting to be drawn on,

It's a creative environment that you can utilize and even gain financial reward from,

It's a place to meet and enjoy the company of others that share your thoughts,

It's a place to be educated by contact with people around the globe.

It's a place to escape from some of the things in RL that closing your eyes doesn't rid you of.

It's a place where you can for a moment shirk the responsibility placed on you by society and your surrounding and just be a damn fool exercising the child within.

It's a place where friendships can be cemented, cherished and protected with an intensity at time more than some in RL.

I could go on but I think you understand me.

There are those who find this all a crock, but that's their loss not mine. I just wonder as to why are they here then?

As a race where would we be if no one could dream?

:)

About the only thing I enjoy doing anymore on SL is exploring and checking out everyone else's imaginations by riding the tour balloons, pods, etc I come across. I do get inspired to create, but due to SL outrageous land prices and low prim allowances I do my creating elsewhere.

My appearance is not (for the most part) limited by the original intentions of the creators. I love most RPG games, and I'm a sucker for a good character creator but I always feel so limited to the slider limits that the developers so arbitrarily set. In SL that still happens, but there's always a way around it if you're willing to spend a few dollars.

The same goes for my actions. If I want to drive a school bus on the moon, well, I'm going to go right ahead and do that. Who wants to join me?

• 7 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.