I am new to Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

In 2009 there was a change to stop the linden trees swaying in the breeze.  You can override that but it's the default.  That was supposed to improve performance.

Concurrency then dropped from 70k to about 50k.

This year swaying body parts were added.

Concurrency stayed around 50k.

There's some other stuff  but those are the highlights.

idk of an article - but some other ppls will add stuff.

(edited for spelling)

That just about sums it up:smileywink: I miss swaying trees and plants but ones you buy on the new SLM from creators have sway/flexi built in. Welcome back OP.

Since there were <20 regions? A whole lot. In no particular order:

Many thousands of private regions were created, and whole continents of LL regions.

Prim taxes were dropped.

Sculpted prims were introduced.

Windlight environmental effects introduced.

Concurrency passed 10K, then 20K, up as far as 70-80K. It's now back down somewhat.

A glitch briefly allowed the construction of new megaprims. Before it was patched, many thousands were created and released.

A huge furore about 'Adult content' lead to the creation of a new rating and land specifically set aside for Adult activities.

Land boomed in price to an average of over L$10/sqm, thensteadily dropped to around L$1/sqm.

Third party viewers became common. One in particular, Emerald, caused a lot of controvery and was withdrawn.

The teen grid was shut down, and older teens allowed limited access to the main grid.

Multiple clothing layers added, and multiple attachment points.

A new tattoo layer was added, over the skin layer and under clothing layers.

Various forms of 'avatar physics' have been introduced, for jiggling boobs, butts & bellies.

An Alpha layer was created, to reduce the need for invisiprims.

The Official LL Viewer 2 was introduced, with varying popularity.

Mesh was recently introduced.

LL viewer moved to v3 and mesh-based graphics introduced (very recently).

Thanks a bunch, guys. I appreciate the advice. I used to build and script a lot, but now the new interface is very confusing to me. When I played SL back in the day, there used to be a button at the botom of the screen saying "Build", where I could access the building interface. Now, I downloaded the new "Viewer", whatever that is, and it's missing. Can someone tell me how to build once more?

All your help is appreciated. I miss the Teen Grid, but I wouldn't be allowed back there anyway (I'm 18 now).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.