LL Delevering my items from marketplace but not paying me. WTF?!!!

denjobi Odell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

this is the second time this week i get a message in my email and when i log on inworld, saying: "The object 'Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.10' has sent you a message from Second Life:Xstreet SL - Delivered item yadayadayada"

when i look at my transaction history there is nothing paid.

are you guys @ LL doing a new rip off scam ???

If you need to contact Linden Support, this is a community forum and not really the LL support pages however, this is a place you can come to for information that other merchants may share...Welcome to the Forums!

As for a false delivery notice, I've not seen this before however, I do have some suggestions as to how this might happen.

If an object cannot be delivered the transaction gets cancelled though sometimes a notice still goes out.  This could occur if the resident didn't log in to get the item, if the sim your boxes are on is having issues or if you have not loaded your objects correctly.

I would go through your boxes and make sure their sale objects are all there and perhaps reset them.

LL support can be found in the website support pages and they are always good to respond however, they are not setting up a rip off scam targeted at you.

I hope this helps :)

I disagree that it should simply be referred to Support.

It's a problem I had decided to assume I was just imagining because the numbers were so small anyway, but I'm now hearing that it is apparently happening to someone else, so that makes it a community issue.

I mean - if the Lindens are actually stealing from merchants at this point, how is is that not a community issue?

denjobi,

Go into Marketplace, open the Merchants Home (aka Merchant Dashboard) and pull the report for Reports > Orders. (Not the Orders > Transaction History as that is sorted in a different order and won't help you here.)

The Reports > Orders report is sorted by delivery date and time. It has date selectors that let you narrow it down to a single day if needed, but you need to find an order for the item delivered around the time and date of the message you received from your Magic Box. If you find it then you can get the Order Number which will also appear on the Second Life Transaction History Report (the report that shows your Daily Linden Dollar transactions).

The date and time shown in the Marketplace Reports > Orders report should match very closely with the message you receive ... but may not match exactly. If you can't find one that lines up then send a copy of the message from your Magic Box along with a description of your efforts to find it along with your support ticket. You should also include the conversation you had with the customer where they verified delivery of the item.

If LL received payment from the customer but you did not then you absolutely should get paid by LL. If LL subsequently refunded the customer (thinking that it was not delivered), by all rights you should get paid anyway (because it was their fault not yours) but your chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Best of luck and keep us posted please.

When you look at the Transaction History, I would not use the Marketplace Orders "Transaction History" to determine if you are missing a paid order.  Its chronology of listed transactions does not synch with the reports I mentioned below that should be used to compare...

Compare the Marketplace - REPORTS - ORDERS report with the www.secondplace.com - Account - Transaction History.  Line up the order numbers between the two to make sure what was order and delivered and paid in these two reports are in synch.

Example, is yesterdays transactions.  If I listed all transactions in both these report for August 11th I would see a correlation. But if I do the same filter for the Market Orders Transaction History - one of my orders processed yesterday would be missing.  Why?  Because this order seems to have been placed on Aug 10th and then not delivered for almost 24 hours (I assume she bought it while at work or somewhere and did not log into SL inworld for 24 hours). 

Just a bit of info.

• Moderators

Greetings Denjobi!

Most likely one of your buyers submitted a Support Case reporting a failed delivery of the product.

When that happens the order is verified and the item re-delivered.

Since the Magic Box only sends a delivery message there is no way for the Magic Box to know that it is a re-delivery of the product and not the initial sale.

* Design Suggestion *

Dakota,

Marketplace operates for all intents and purposes as a Retail Outlet. However instead of purchasing items for resale as most retailers do, it provides "Rack Space" for direct sale distributors.

In a typical relationship between an outlet and a distributor, the outlet (Marketplace in this case) must supply reports for each and every product that walks out the door. When the distributor comes by and restocks (unnecessary in this case of course), the outlet pays for every product missing.

So here we possibly have a case where your team chose to redeliver a product. denjobi got the delivery message but saw no corresponding transaction. Thus the accounting goes out of synch.

How difficult would it be for you or your team to notify the Merchant "Item ZZZ was redelivered by FIFY Linden because..."?

This is one of those cases where proper documentation and communication would save SO much angst. Situations like this happen frequently I imagine, and I'd be very willing to believe that every single one of those that your team redelivers is met with a Merchant asking "WTF?" Why not be PROactive and tell the Merchant up front rather than take a hit and inform them afterwards?

Isn't being proactive what makes a company and process better?

• Moderators

Hello Darrius,

As you know this was one of the features that was present on the old Xstreet SL web site.

Any time a product was re-delivered an email was sent to both the buyer and the seller letting them know.

This way when a merchant received the delivery notification from their Magic Box they could check their emails for the re-delivery notification.

Unfortunately, this feature wasn't included when SLM was designed.

This feature is on the product backlog for features to be implemented on the SLM web site.

Design suggestions aren't going to fix what's wrong with LL at this point.

It's pretty clear to me now that they're just straight-up stealing the fees. 

I suppose I can dig through the reports and try to spilice them together in a way that shows what any one should already be able to see just by looking at the account balance and the recent deliveries, but all I'm going to accomplish that way is to explain why I have to do what I have to do anyway.

I'm going to turn all my products into freebies, cash out and leave SL unless I see a basic 180 shift in Linden behavior some time in the next few hours.

But if LL thinks that's going to be the end of the story, they can't possibly be more wrong.

I have the opposite issue.. I have seen customers pay for items, the money show up in my main SL transaction History but the record of the sale is missing inside the marketplace completely.  I have seen some strange deductions from my Balances which appear to reverse sales orders, but it would take a team of forensic scientists to figure out what the hell that was for.

I guess the way things are now one has to be lucky if the L balance moves up on average instead of declining....

Oh and.. while we are talking about "features"   how about installing missing tools and functions before "features" .. We still cannot sort our reports by anything...

WE NEED SORTING ! Sorting is a tool and not a feature.. even the most crappy websites in the world let you sort lists.

• Moderators

Greetings VonGklugelstein Alter!

The Second Life Marketplace doesn't reverse transactions.

This is why the Marketplace Linden account exists.

When a buyer adds an item to their shopping cart it creates a purchase order.

Purchase Orders are dated for the date that the first item is added to their shopping cart.

When the order is processed the system polls the buyers account to verify the funds then transfer the funds from the buyers account to Marketplace Linden.

The system then passes a delivery message to the merchants Magic Box.

If the system cannot contact the Magic Box or the Magic Box does not reply to the delivery message then the order times out and the funds are sent back to the buyer.

If the Magic Box replies that it sent the item then the funds are transferred to the Merchant minus the commission fee.

If you have a question about an SLM transaction please submit a support case with as much information as possible along with the copy of the transaction itself and I will be happy to assist you with determining what the charge was for.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.