Skydiving in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Once in 2010, I started to skydive in Second Life. I had been using the SOAR skydive equipment. The Youtube video that Eight Blinker (Youtube username: FIZIXDrift) inspired me to skydive. I talked to Eight Blinker about skydiving. I then researched on the SL brands for skydiving and I got the skydiving equipment from SOAR from the sim that was featured in the video. In 2011, Eight Blinker told me about skydiving again and we jumped off the podium from the Eightland Racing building and landed several hundred metres from the building. Then weeks later, I went to a skydiving store in region Abbotts and got some skydiving gear from Ripcord industries and Terra Skydiving. It wasn't until tonight that I skydove from 3 places in Second Life. One of it was from 1000m up on the Fermi side of Little Blue Fermi Sandbox. Another place was from 1000-2000m up in a public terraform area in Here, and third off the ledge of the End of Line club a couple hundred metres up in TRON: Legacy Adventutes in Vixens Isle (landed on the light cycle grid arena where there were no light cycles present at time of landing).

I recorded the video of the skydiving action and I will share the video in the machinima forum.

Cool, you might want to try it out here too. We have the terra chutes and smoke but you can use what ever you like. Stand on the blue floor and click it to fall. You'll fall from 1200 m. and a long the way you'll pass our sky beach, 360 global racing, Stonehenge, the CN Tower and land in our mini city or on the beach, yay!

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sialimonus/168/32/1201

One of my favourite past time at is free skydiving at 4000m from my sky platform. When I say free it means I don't wear parachute. I stopped doing this earlier this year because someone had put up a giant megaprim on her parcel that spread across my parcel. I sinced moved to another place but had forgotten about skydiving until you mentioned this today.

I think since I have a bigger piece of land now, I'll build a proper skydiving place for anyone who wants to use it and hopefully no one will crash into my neighbour's 100 horses and killed them horses instantly.

PS: If you need someone to go skydiving with you let me know the time and place... I also have a thing for free fall from a skybox/platform and not knowing where I landed. Once, I landed on a table at a guy's backyard. I had to dissapoint the guy that I wasn't the rezday cake girl he thought I was.

Ceres wrote:

One of my favourite past time at is free skydiving at 4000m from my sky platform. When I say free it means I don't wear parachute. I stopped doing this earlier this year because someone had put up a giant megaprim on her parcel that spread across my parcel. I sinced moved to another place but had forgotten about skydiving until you mentioned this today.

I think since I have a bigger piece of land now, I'll build a proper skydiving place for anyone who wants to use it and hopefully no one will crash into my neighbour's 100 horses and killed them horses instantly.

PS: If you need someone to go skydiving with you let me know the time and place... I also have a thing for free fall from a skybox/platform and not knowing where I landed. Once, I landed on a table at a guy's backyard. I had to dissapoint the guy that I wasn't the rezday cake girl he thought I was.

fall in my backyard and ill give you something to remember, how ignorant of you to disturb other people on the land they have paid for.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.