New avatars not yet in the login screen?

Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd thought I'd been reading info here that implied the new choices - assorted animals, robots, and other things were now available as choices for new registrants.

But in testing last night - on that first choose avatar screen, all I see is the usual cast of deformed and crudely textured humans.

Is this still pending, did it get pulled, or are we just left in a state where only 'pro users' that know about the library ever end up on them, if at all.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I'd thought I'd been reading info here that implied the new choices - assorted animals, robots, and other things were now available as choices for new registrants.

But in testing last night - on that first choose avatar screen, all I see is the usual cast of deformed and crudely textured humans.

Is this still pending, did it get pulled, or are we just left in a state where only 'pro users' that know about the library ever end up on them, if at all.

Oi, you, those "deformed and crudely textured humans" you see on the login screen were all based on the staff at LL :matte-motes-silly:

I agree though, that it would be fab to see some non-humanoid choices on the first choice screen.

I haven't seen those new avatars in my inventory. Probably because I'm still using a V1 based viewer (or they're hidden from me somewhere)

I have those choices in my library, but they were not choices when I signed up.  I had to pick a human and then I had options after logging in - too bad I had no idea they were there or how to use them at the time.  I am not sure if there are furry options, but the robot one is available.  I am,also,  not sure when they showed up in there - they may have always there or maybe they showed up when one of the viewer updates was installed.  I stopped updating at 2.4. I think it would be a nice idea to let new users start with a non-human character or at least to let them know they have initial options without having to buy something or find a freebie right away.

Marigold Devin wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Oi, you, those "deformed and crudely textured humans" you see on the login screen were all based on the staff at LL :matte-motes-silly:

No they weren't. Human beings are not capable of that level of deformity. Human proportions don't stretch in those ways.

The maker might have intended that. But I can scribble on a peice of paper and claim its a picture of you - that doesn't make it so unless I'm you're 5-year old kid. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.