Housing history in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've never spend much time working on a place to live, generally i just had a room above the club I run and thats where I've always lived.

Modest, small, lower class.

I don't care much for fancy huge vila's and living like movie stars.

Me asleep in my room.

First home was on a 560 lot in Fietzo. The basic 560m all premium accounts get. I had a skybox at 4078m, and a garden at ground:

Pussycat_Catnap_OriginalHom.jpg

I have since lived in 2 places in Zindra (Old Elms and Voidicus),and 5 others on mainland M (Pruni, Gemmed, Steamboat, Milu, Campion). Keep finding myself moving - that said I first saw my current Campion lot around when I bought my original Fietzo lot, but it was going for over 100k or so. Finally got 8500m of it for 18k, and sold off 1700m.

Now live in this, an 18 prim structure designed to fit on a 512 footprint (since about half of premiums don't realize they actually have a 560 allowance not 512):

PussycatsSkyLandFromAbove.jpg

MyHome_001.jpg

Out front at "ground / hilltop (and taken about 2 days before I fixed my proportions, thus the short arms):"

Campion_001.jpg

My first house was a Linden home with my first account. It was a Meadowbrook and had a lovely neighbourhood. People will come by and greet me especially my neighbour Brad. He was the one who told me that I don't have to buy 20 curtains to cover my house. Linden has it preset. But anyway, I was too promiscuous back then as a noob and the neighbours didn't like it and also I was trying to run away from this guy I've been seeing. So I did the best thing, abandoned the house and cancelled my account.

My second account was living in a treehouse over in a homestead with my ex-bf. Actually we both found it at the same time took a liking to it and decided to share it..( and later, everything else)... Anyway, after we broke up, I decided to move out and was living in a skybox for 2 weeks before I cancelled my account.

Currently, Ceres is living with her 'better half', Skye in a Linden home in Darban. But the house belongs to our master, Willow. Willow seldom comes to that house because she's got a few parcels over in Corsica. She used to put a house there and a sky garden. Anyway, she removed all of them and decides not to have a house and will just create her version of Garden of Eden on the ground level. When they finally rolled out the land invisible feature to the rest of the grid, she's gonna make the Garden her house and walk around naked and eat fruits, like Eve.

I started out with a Linden house that I moved into not long after I joined. It quickly proved to be too small (OK, not enough prims!), so I moved to a rental, then a bigger rental on a beach, then finally to a private island which I am still renting over a year later. Now I have taken to buying Mainland plots to build on and decorate...and I have no idea how many houses I have because the number is constantly changing as I buy and sell land. :smileyvery-happy:

My actual home is with my partner in a beautiful skybox up above one of the Mainland plots. :smileyhappy:

My first place was a rented lakeside chalet which I kept for about a month. It was great value and rather nice, and my landlady was great - even when I accidentally deleted the entire house!

I soon moved out and bought land adjacent to the Great Linden Wall, somewhere around Jubata/Sinica. I played with a few prefabs and self-builds there before trading up a couple of times on the 2007 land boom. I had a few places around the atoll & old continent over a couple of years including snowland on the coast of Zerelia and the Hyles swamp area near the Temple of Iris. Eventually I moved to my current place in Clay, towards the south of the old continent.

Most of my homes have been self-built and I've either tried to fit them to the landscape or build high in the air. I've built modernist concrete and glass studios, stone towers, rambling keeps, flying islands (held up by balloons), sky galleons and high-tech skyboxes. My current home is a platform in the air, holding a semi-wild garden with no buildings.

HOME.jpg

NIce homes everyone! Even yours Jo!

I have mostly made skyboxes on the mainland for my home. The first was in Flagg I believe.This was after I had spent about a year (maybe two) without a real home. I built everything on my own and I even put in a little pool. I put a little teleport pad on the ground so that I could get up to it. Unfortunately my neighbor must have come up on the pad while I was away and I found their skybox right next to mine!

I then moved to the other side of the sim and put up another skybox. There was a small road that the landlord had built so I built a 20 story apartment building on the ground. It had a lobby and elevators but the upper part of the building was just one big megaprim. I made it so the button panel in the elevator would teleport you up to my skybox which was 2000 meters up. I made an elevator in the skybox to go down too. It was two bedrooms and one bathroom. I started buying furniture at this time..

After Flagg, I moved to another sim and kept the skybox but I didn't rez the ground hotel to save prims. I had to move my skybox to a couple of different sims because the landlords kept leaving SL. Somewhere in between I actually rented a large house on an island sim. There were other houses that looked occupied but I never saw my neighbors. I moved out because I realized that I really didn't need the space.

My current home is on the mainland. It's another skybox and it's actually quite small like Jo's. It has only one room but I filled it with enough furniture, plants, paintings, and other things to keep it cozy. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.