Sign in to follow this  
Cecilia Pallis

What is slowing my avatar down and being jumpy?

Question

I'll pass you a scripted object in world that can give you an accurate count of the scripts you are wearing, Cecilia.  Reducing the number of scripted attachments you are wearing may not solve your problem, but it's a good idea anyway.

4 answers to this question

I'll pass you a scripted object in world that can give you an accurate count of the scripts you are wearing, Cecilia.  Reducing the number of scripted attachments you are wearing may not solve your problem, but it's a good idea anyway.

Hair and jewlery with resize scripts can add hundreds of scripts to your avatar. I can wear my hair, nails, shoes, and jewlery that all have resize scripts. That gives me something like 300+/- scripts which is way too many. Anything over 200 is a problem. If you go to an event like Hair Fair where there will be 30 to 40 avatars in a region then 100 is still too many.

I make a copy of all my attachments. I save that as the original item w/scripts. Once I have all my attachments sized and colored then I remove the scripts. There is an option in the resize menu to remove them. That 300 scripts comes down to 8 to 12 depending on what HUD's I'm wearing. I save those as wearable items. To resize or change color I make a copy of the original scripted item and adjust then remove scripts and save as another wearable.

How do you check how many scripts you are wearing? Search on script counter in the market place. There are free tools that will count the scripts your avatar is wearing.

To find out how many scripts you have attached, and how much menory these use, go to the About land dialog in the World->Place Profile (is that correct?) menu. On the bottom of the first pane in the dialog you will find a 'Script info' button. Press this and choose the 'My Avatar' tab in the window that pops up. The list should contain what you're after.

- Luc -

Not sure which viewer you use but in Phoenix I can go to advanced menu, info displays, then check avatar rendering cost and it will appear above my head until I uncheck it