What is slowing my avatar down and being jumpy?

Cecilia Pallis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

what i want to know is how many scripts/prims/attachments my avatar is wearing? i like to wear outfits with lots of jewelry and what not. when i go to certain areas i find that i am slowed down a lot more at certain times and i'm pretty sure it's because of my extras. i was at one place were when i landed there, it told me how many scripts i was wearing and how much gb's it was taking up. is there a specific program or something similar that will show me what i'm wearing? i am able to run my comp on high graphics but i will turn it down in some areas but it doesn't seem to do much. HELP!!

1. that is such a good idea. i have lots of hair that has resize as well as many other items. i will try that now. hopefully it will help because that annoying lag needs to go.

2. thanks for the item. i will try that as well and at least i will know how many scripts i have on at a time.

4 answers to this question

Hair and jewlery with resize scripts can add hundreds of scripts to your avatar. I can wear my hair, nails, shoes, and jewlery that all have resize scripts. That gives me something like 300+/- scripts which is way too many. Anything over 200 is a problem. If you go to an event like Hair Fair where there will be 30 to 40 avatars in a region then 100 is still too many.

I make a copy of all my attachments. I save that as the original item w/scripts. Once I have all my attachments sized and colored then I remove the scripts. There is an option in the resize menu to remove them. That 300 scripts comes down to 8 to 12 depending on what HUD's I'm wearing. I save those as wearable items. To resize or change color I make a copy of the original scripted item and adjust then remove scripts and save as another wearable.

How do you check how many scripts you are wearing? Search on script counter in the market place. There are free tools that will count the scripts your avatar is wearing.

To find out how many scripts you have attached, and how much menory these use, go to the About land dialog in the World->Place Profile (is that correct?) menu. On the bottom of the first pane in the dialog you will find a 'Script info' button. Press this and choose the 'My Avatar' tab in the window that pops up. The list should contain what you're after.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.