Why can't I place the house on the land I just bought?

Joolan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I just bought some land.

A) I bought a house, why can't I place the house on it?

B) On the map it still shows as abandoned land but in 'about land' it shows me as owner

C) I just went premium membership to buy it .. (please bear with me I'm very new lol) So I pay my membership per month on the 12th? And what is the payment I pay for the land? Is this a tier payment?

Thanks for any reply (also if you could direct me to a learning place on how to level the land or how to place a megaprim for my house I would be very grateful :)

If the land shows you as owner, you should be able to place things on it. The map might need a few hours/days to update with the new owner information.

If, however, the house contains more prims than the land allows, you won't be able to put it down, and (I don't really know this) if then house is bigger than the land, you won't be able to rez the house.

Do you get any kind of message when you try to rez the house?

- Luc -

Your membership plan is not for renting land. It is the fee for being Premium you pay to Linden Labs.

Regarding your house, what error message do you get? Or is it a yellow box (a rez-faux package)? If this is the case you have to click on the box and choose rezz. When the house is fully built, you can orientate it by moving the rezz-faux package until the house is in the position you want

If you cannot rezz objects on a land you paid for (you say it wears your name), you have to contact the owner of the parcel and explain your problem. As for terraforming (edit terrain), not all the parcels allow that. Your landlord should be able to answer this too.

it could be the house you bought is too big for the land both in size and number of prims if your piece of land is 512sqm in size the biggest footprint the home can have on a standard plot is 16x32 before you start encroaching other plots and 117prims the max prims that can fit on the parcel if you have a 1024sqm plot the land size is doubled to 32x32 and 234prims and so on as plots get bigger
also the map takes time to update give it a few hours maybe a day or two and it shouldn't show as abandoned. when you buy land there are two costs one to buy the land the other is tier you pay every month and the tier increases as the amount of land you own increases

I recommend against the megaprim for the house.

If you can't level it to your satisfaction, build a platform under it on perhaps poles, or at least make the megaprim fully go through the ground and have a brick or some other effect texture.

- Ie make it nice to view from a distance.

As others have noted, there could be a couple of reasons for the failure to drop the house down.

1. Squatters have all your prims. In About land set an auto-return of 1 and all squatters will go poof instantly.

2. The house is too big prim wise. Nothing you can do if this is the case other than get a different house or bigger land.

3. You're not placing it right. If you're placing it someone else's land thinking your mouse is over your land. Turn on 'show land owners' in the world ---> place menu, and show property lines. It'll make the ground go all red or yellow except for the part you own which will be green (yours) or blue (your groups). Just turn the effect off once you're done laying things out cause not only is it ugly, but it seems to slow the viewer down to leave it on.

4. You didn't actually buy the lot. But if it lists you as owner - this is highly unlikely. It seems to be what you were worried had happened, but I suspect this is the least likely culprit.

I do suggest getting someone you know who's had a premium account for a while and owns their own land to come by and help you. Chances are you're doing something very simple wrong. Simple, but non-obvious. Something a friend could help you with in a few seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you share what the issue was?  There are certainly land settings that can hinder construction by the owner, but typically (always?) the land resets to a very friendly set of default settings when sold. 

• Like 1

Yes Erwin, sorry, it was just that I hadnt done it before, so my friend showed me and since then I've done it myself .. also started lots of classes. It wasnt an issue other than that of inexperience .. so thanks again to all the replies :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.