When I rez a linden tree...

Winter Silversmith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Linden trees are made with a different sort of alpha channel setup from "normal" trees made by residents like you and me.  That's why they look a bit different, are harder to pick up, and can't be rezzed in some parcels.  The big advantage is that they are one-prim objects instead of being made of three or more prims, so they save you a lot when you are trying to make a forest on your land.  So... Is there a better version?  Sure.  Visit almost any nursery in SL. 

When the Linden trees were originally made, they were a huge leap ahead in quality. They were some of he best looking objects on the grid. That was long, LONG ago however and now there are much better versions. One prim trees abound and there are some beautiful sculpted trees with leaves that weigh in at two prim.

You can search on the Marketplace to get some ideas where to shop. I would look at examples in world before purchasing though as there is a WIDE variety of quality in one prim trees.

That's the way those trees are in any viewer with any graphics setting, from far they look bad but up close they get a bit better.

All you can do is make a tree trunk for it with a prim, do this from close range then when you move away from it it will still look great. That way it will only cost you two prims, one for the tree and one for the trunk. There are many other trees you can buy however are usually a bit prim heavy BUT if you have the prims to spare on trees the ones you can buy look so much better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.