There is a person who refuses to leave my group as owner I how can I remove them

Samie Shieldmaiden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

A group's owner can leave, but cannot be forced to leave (well, almost .... The group's original owner -- the one who paid the L$100 fee -- can force another owner out, but that's all).  Your only option is to leave and make a new group.

Can't an owner (any owner) delete a group?  That certainly would cause every one to leave the group.  Then the original owner can create another group with a variation of the fist group's title being careful about who they make owners of the new group?

I deleted my first group and I don't think I asked the other owner to leave (though she did know what I was doing).  The rest of the group were alts to myself and the other group owner who were not owners...........I know I didn't eject my alt before I deleted the group (she got the notice that she was ejected but I never ejected her before deleting the group).  One other member of my group had not logged in for quite some time.....he was ejected to but I never heard from him again (he's still on my friend's list but I haven't seen or heard from him in a years).

If you're the owner, you delete the group by ejecting everyone and then leaving yourself. The only trick is that you can't eject another owner. See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-groups/ta-p/700111 , where you find "A group Owner can eject anyone except another Owner." and "Warning: If you make someone an Owner of a group, you won't be able to kick them out of it later. Be careful of whom you assign that Role."

Well it was over 4 years ago when I deleted my old group so maybe I don't remember asking her to leave.........or maybe she left on her own before I deleted the group. I just remember talking to her about wanting to change my group (new name, and setting it up a little differently) because it seemed easier than going through all the roles and abilities again. That's why I asked..........maybe it's not the way I remember doing it. It has been a long time and I've really never thought about since I did it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.