Sign in to follow this  
Samie Shieldmaiden

There is a person who refuses to leave my group as owner I how can I remove them

Question

redo the group...

Add a The, Only,Best,Orginal,Fan Club......alot of options you have  on your choices and still keep the name.

Now as for the person being a ****  (heh self censor is fun)), well...bad choices sometimes.

6 answers to this question

redo the group...

Add a The, Only,Best,Orginal,Fan Club......alot of options you have  on your choices and still keep the name.

Now as for the person being a ****  (heh self censor is fun)), well...bad choices sometimes.

A group's owner can leave, but cannot be forced to leave (well, almost .... The group's original owner -- the one who paid the L$100 fee -- can force another owner out, but that's all).  Your only option is to leave and make a new group.

Can't an owner (any owner) delete a group?  That certainly would cause every one to leave the group.  Then the original owner can create another group with a variation of the fist group's title being careful about who they make owners of the new group?

I deleted my first group and I don't think I asked the other owner to leave (though she did know what I was doing).  The rest of the group were alts to myself and the other group owner who were not owners...........I know I didn't eject my alt before I deleted the group (she got the notice that she was ejected but I never ejected her before deleting the group).  One other member of my group had not logged in for quite some time.....he was ejected to but I never heard from him again (he's still on my friend's list but I haven't seen or heard from him in a years).

If you're the owner, you delete the group by ejecting everyone and then leaving yourself. The only trick is that you can't eject another owner. See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-groups/ta-p/700111 , where you find "A group Owner can eject anyone except another Owner." and "Warning: If you make someone an Owner of a group, you won't be able to kick them out of it later. Be careful of whom you assign that Role."

Well it was over 4 years ago when I deleted my old group so maybe I don't remember asking her to leave.........or maybe she left on her own before I deleted the group. I just remember talking to her about wanting to change my group (new name, and setting it up a little differently) because it seemed easier than going through all the roles and abilities again. That's why I asked..........maybe it's not the way I remember doing it. It has been a long time and I've really never thought about since I did it.

Buy the group. Perhaps greasing his palm will help.

My suggestion would be dissolve any group you wish to get rid of, do not transfer it to others or share an owners interest in any group, just my opinion of course.