Is there a way to keep edited items from highlighting?

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When right clicking on something and choosing edit, the selected item is highlighted, which in and of itself is wonderful I'm sure. When editing hair, positioning a glowing mass of yellow suddenly becomes not so wonderful. Is there a way to not have the selected object be highlighted when moving it in edit mode?

edit: is there a way to do it in V2.7.2?

answered: yay! Thanks Nyll! 

7 answers to this question

Yes.  That is a standard option in Phoenix ( a check box on the top of the page in Edit) and it will be in the next release of Firestorm.  I agree, that highlight halo can be a real nuisance when you are working close in or with tiny prims. 

I think you'll like it, Charolotte. I know you like LL's V2 viewer. Firestorm is the new V2 codebase viewer on the TPV list, so you should find many of its features familiar. The beta version that's available right now is great, but is still missing some of the really nice building features (like the option to hide the selection halo) that are in Phoenix. We have been assured, though, that those will all be in the next release -- not very far off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.