Inconvenient Truths about Second Life

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Like with so many things, we need more details to make any kind of judgement as to whether some behavior is unhealthy.

Sorry to get off-topic, but who exactly said that having a large package in Second Life is "unhealthy"?

Or were you speaking about various sexual escapades in Second Life?  Who said that is "unhealthy"?

Very confusing.

I guess getting off-topic and focused on Slex is one of those "inconvenient truths".

On that note:

In Second Life, you can expect to get TMI.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:
8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Slex is lame because most people are inconveniently terrible at it.

One word for you: Redhead.

Inconvenient truth: Redheads rule.

* Takes copious notes *

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Like with so many things, we need more details to make any kind of judgement as to whether some behavior is unhealthy.

Sorry to get off-topic, but who exactly said that having a large package in Second Life is "unhealthy"?

Or were you speaking about various sexual escapades in Second Life?  Who said that is "unhealthy"?

Very confusing.

I guess getting off-topic and focused on Slex is one of those "inconvenient truths".

On that note:

You have trouble tracking, get confused, and then denigrate my posts.  Typical.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Very confusing.

On that note:

Expand  

You have trouble tracking, get confused, and then denigrate my posts.  Typical.

Actually, no.  You left ME a "confused" reaction!

But I think that I found the answer. Apparently, you are saying this:

13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Like with so many things, we need more details to make any kind of judgement as to whether some behavior is unhealthy. And I do make an attempt, if I do know quite a lot about their life, not to judge anything as 'bad' and merely see people as unhealthy and not in balance regarding their life.

I do, however, see these humongous appendages so common in SL as denoting something out of balance in the person, in most cases. Perhaps it's the misperception that bigger is always better? Or that they only want to be seen in sexual terms (that's not healthy, generally, as all people are more than just sexual parts).

And upon careful "re-reading", it appears you mean that YOU try NOT to judge others as "unhealthy".  It's not that you are saying OTHER people do so!

Sneaky!

Is the "something out of balance" part subtle, or what?

Good job!

ETA: No "denigration" was intended. I wish you weren't so sensitive.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Confused 1

Well...it could be an example of a healthy defense. Having a 'small one' in 1st life they compensate and feel better in 2nd life by having a 'big one'. So they feel better. Or is not facing your 1st life situation and dealing with it, and instead pretending it's not so via 2nd life, a sign of an unhealthy defense?  Our minds are so confusing...

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Well...it could be an example of a healthy defense. Having a 'small one' in 1st life they compensate and feel better in 2nd life by having a 'big one'. So they feel better. Or is not facing your 1st life situation and dealing with it, and instead pretending it's not so via 2nd life, a sign of an unhealthy defense?  Our minds are so confusing...

Ok, thanks for explaining what is "healthy".  It's nice to know where people are coming from.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

And upon careful "re-reading", it appears you mean that YOU try NOT to judge others as "unhealthy".  It's not that you are saying OTHER people do so!

Sneaky!

Good job!

You missed an important part before condemning me...I said IF I KNOW THEM WELL.  In other words, I feel more comfortable thinking some behavior is unhealthy in another when I have enough information to evaluate that.  So I was not contradicting myself.

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sneaky!

Good job!

You missed an important part before condemning me...I said IF I KNOW THEM WELL.  In other words, I feel more comfortable thinking some behavior is unhealthy in another when I have enough information to evaluate that.  So I was not contradicting myself.

Nobody condemned you, nobody said you were contradicting yourself. You are reading something into my post that just isn't there, and wasn't intended.  I wish you weren't so sensitive!

I'm blocking you, Love.  You get super weird, defensive, and all over the map in your responses to me when I speak of judging anything as 'unhealthy', as if you're trying to trip me up or point out I'm being too judge-ey of others. In the past it was connected to any type of evaluation using 'psychology'. Please refrain from commenting on my posts.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm blocking you, Love.  You get super weird, defensive, and all over the map in your responses to me when I speak of judging anything as 'unhealthy', as if you're trying to trip me up or point out I'm being too judge-ey of others. In the past it was connected to any type of evaluation using 'psychology'. Please refrain from commenting on my posts.

It's cool, I just don't think you have some "God-Given Right" to go around judging people as "Unhealthy". 

Peace!

ETA: You did "nail it on the head". I think you are absolutely too "judge-y" of others, exactly the same as your psychological roleplay.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Inconvenient Truth: Second Life will never go out of business "overnight".  That would imply a lot of terrible business decisions, which could be solved merely by selling the company to someone else.

From the viewpoint of those outside the ownership circle, it would appear to be "overnight" because  ownership is a black box. Typically, company A buys company B to gain at least one of (1) employees, (2) customer base or (3) assets/patents/technology. SL might be considered deficient in all three areas so a sale seems unlikely. Then there is the cash cow scenario, which current ownership (who are investors)  is pursuing. They would need to find investors who know something we (and the current owners) don't :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's cool, I just don't think you have some "God-Given Right" to go around judging people as "Unhealthy". 

Peace!

ETA: You did "nail it on the head". I think you are absolutely too "judge-y" of others, exactly the same as your psychological roleplay.

Love, several people on this thread have basically said someone with a package the size of a melon looks stupid. They don't say WHY they think that, but there are reasons underneath.  I simply state the reasons why I don't like what I see. It's actually compassion that underlies my viewing their actions/portrayals as 'unhealthy' -- I see what they're doing as a defense of some sort, as a protection they need, as a way to feel better in some way that might not be good for them (or sometimes it is good for them).  If I simply thought they 'looked stupid' or were 'being stupid' that would be the most judge-ey thing I could do!

Wow.   I just assume people who dial up their package didn't realize it has nothing to do.with how big your appendage is.

"Is that a brick in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

And FYI, sometimes, one has to make the actual appendage larger so the animations line up better.   

Sometimes you people think too much about some things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Inconvenient Truth: Not everyone self inserts as their avatars and some people use them purely as aesthetic dress up dolls.

But homeboy needs to embrace mesh and get one of them frisky bulges that lets you look as if you're smuggling a cantaloupe down your thong

Edited by Anastasia Loxingly
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Wow.   I just assume people who dial up their package didn't realize it has nothing to do.with how big your appendage is.

And FYI, sometimes, one has to make the actual appendage larger so the animations line up better.   

For the picture you originally posted, I had to crank up the brightness on my phone and zoom in!

Because, Research!

Inconvenient Truth: Sometimes "Research" is needed!

2 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

(3) assets/patents/technology.

Going out of business "suddenly" (stopping Second Life "operations") gives up the "cash cow", so unless they are selling #3...  I just doubt it would happen that business suddenly "ceases" without any warning at all. 🙂

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I just assume people who dial up their package didn't realize it has nothing to do.with how big your appendage is.

I thought about it, and you're 100% right! 

Often times, a big "package" is either an illusion, or the dangly bits and not the appendage!

(Sometimes you have to think about these things!)

** TMI Redacted **

Edited by Love Zhaoying

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Or he might be visually compromised and didn't notice he made his crotch the size of a small watermelon.

We have quite a few residents with visual impairments, after all.

I wish you'd considered that, because your noting he'd been in SL 12 years and so should know better just doesn't hold if he's visually impaired!

Really...thinking about it further...it's the diaper thing I mentioned earlier. We have lots of residents who wear diapers.  However, when Rowan was right there with him taking photographs she should have mentioned, politely of course, that it was time for a diaper change.

Regardless of any psychological mumbo jumbo or visual disability, the fact remains.  Dialing your package way up is unnecessary and funny.  Period.  That is an inconvenient truth of SL.  

Lordy.  🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Regardless of any psychological mumbo jumbo or visual disability, the fact remains.  Dialing your package way up is unnecessary and funny.  Period.  That is an inconvenient truth of SL.  

Lordy.  🙄

I know Rowan...no way were you making fun of the guy!  You just wanted us all to have a hearty laugh, and mentioning he should have known better after 12 years was part of all this in some unknown way...but I won't delve into it too deeply.

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

We have quite a few residents with visual impairments, after all.

I am trying to visualize how a visually impaired person would function in SL. I am completely able bodied and even I struggle. 

However using that to defend exaggerated use of a slider aint doing you no favours. 

Women avis don't increase their boobs because the are visually impaired, nope they want bigger boobs. 

Im guessing the guys move that slider because, you guessed it they want a bigger "package" ... same same.

• Thanks 1