New SL-Dedicated Social Media, Blogging, and Photography Platform PrimFeed Opens! What Are Your Impressions?

It is an impressive site. I wish them luck. When Flickr cracked down on adult content in free accounts, I received a lot of requests to step in with my site at the time. User created content is not easy to handle. User created adult content even more so.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, PrimFeed has launched today, to much ballyhoo and excitement!

https://www.primfeed.com/

It's a platform that is dedicated to SL users (only), is closely integrated with your SL account, and permits the posting of photos as well as including a Twitter-like social media feed. The service is tiered, with both free and paid accounts. Inara has written up a detailed account of it here:

https://modemworld.me/2024/06/20/primfeed-a-dedicated-social-platform-for-second-life/

Have you tried it? Are you interested in trying it, if you haven't?

What are your impressions or experiences of it? What are it's pros and cons? What, if any, concerns might you have about it?

Is this made by a resident or by the Lindens?

Also, don't think people want more subscriptions upon more subscriptions.

We're already dealing with Adobe and businesses like them..

• Like 2

Just now, Starberry Passion said:

Is this made by a resident or by the Lindens?

Also, don't think people want more subscriptions upon more subscriptions.

We're already dealing with Adobe and businesses like them..

It's by a resident, although one who has been active in producing other platforms for SL users. LL has a PrimFeed account itself now, which suggests they "trust" it, but . . . yeah. The fact that it's a resident is mildly concerning at least. However, the platform doesn't have access to your private SL info.

There are free accounts, but they limit the size of image uploads.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Ayashe Ninetails, at the moment I'm not seeing a "blocking" or "muting" option; only the option to "report" a post.

I've put the question out there, however, and we'll see if I hear more.

That's an absolute must. Especially since it's one guy trying to manage everything.

• Like 2

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's an absolute must. Especially since it's one guy trying to manage everything.

The answer I've just received from someone who seems to know what she is talking about because she appears to be associated with the platform (and who also is the owner of Burrows Coffee Co. in-world) is that it's a feature that is coming. It's in the pipeline, I guess. At least they recognize the need for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's by a resident, although one who has been active in producing other platforms for SL users. LL has a PrimFeed account itself now, which suggests they "trust" it, but . . . yeah. The fact that it's a resident is mildly concerning at least. However, the platform doesn't have access to your private SL info.

There are free accounts, but they limit the size of image uploads.

Oh, I can see that being a problem for Photographers, bloggers or people who want to show off their avatars. It probably won't affect those who just take photos and don't know how to take more in depth photos, but photographers take large photos for a reason.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:
53 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was thinking of checking out @Cristiano Midnight's site since he's so nice, but no clue why I'd jump over checking that out to check out this new one.

LOL I can't tell if you were saying you are still going to check out my site or not.

I would feel bad if I don't check it out before this new, possibly contentious site that wants my L$!!!

1 minute ago, Starberry Passion said:

Oh, I can see that being a problem for Photographers, bloggers or people who want to show off their avatars. It probably won't affect those who just take photos and don't know how to take more in depth photos, but photographers take large photos for a reason.

Yeah. I might use it, but if I do decide to shift my main focus from Flickr to Primfeed, I'll need to upgrade.

I think you're right, though. For most people, it will be be fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The answer I've just received from someone who seems to know what she is talking about because she appears to be associated with the platform (and who also is the owner of Burrows Coffee Co. in-world) is that it's a feature that is coming. It's in the pipeline, I guess. At least they recognize the need for it.

Thank you! Good news, but it really should've launched with a way for users to protect themselves.

Nobody asked my opinion on that, though, so I'll just go mind mah business. 😂

giphy-downsized.gif

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I would feel bad if I don't check it out before this new, possibly contentious site that wants my L$!!!

My site is free, and not a social media platform. Definitely not contentious. I wish them well with it.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I looked for you and it comes back blank!

2 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Mwahahahaha.. I have a new place to flood images to.  Hopefully, we will be safe from the topic of SL's TOS changes there 😆

And congrats on being my third follow, Stella!

So far, I'm not seeing a LOT of text-only stuff in my feed.

• Like 2

39b235da-d531-4c49-8d3e-b63479c10fc9_x10

Can anyone see this, it is linked from primfeed.  I don't see an option to copy the link, instead I just copied it from the feed via rightclick and copying the image address.

• Like 2

Just now, Istelathis said:

39b235da-d531-4c49-8d3e-b63479c10fc9_x10

Can anyone see this, it is linked from primfeed.  I don't see an option to copy the link, instead I just copied it from the feed via rightclick and copying the image address.

Yep! Interesting!

You've got a free account, correct? So this is max 1500px wide?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And congrats on being my third follow, Stella!

So far, I'm not seeing a LOT of text-only stuff in my feed.

I'm going to see if I can post an image to your picture comments, if that is okay with you.

• Like 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yep! Interesting!

You've got a free account, correct? So this is max 1500px wide?

I believe that is what it showed when I uploaded the image.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Istelathis said:
22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I looked for you and it comes back blank!

Where did you look for me?