AI being used in SL product ads-your thoughts?

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Granted, this creator comes from the SIMS but I actually LOLed when I saw the vendor pic...That's not even close to how SL looks.  Is that how odd the SIMS looks?

4537867f0582c46ea4f8afe58393e1f9.png.7bb87c2b264ee73f2c28b1d48de43710.png

Talk about noodle shoulders..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I did a couple of posts in the , How does your avatar look with A.I. thread or something like that..

It was fun the first two times..

But to be honest, It felt really empty and not fulfilling after..

It was fun to try, but there really wasn't much effort..

For me, The ride is 85% of the fun.. I love making sets for pictures and hunting everything for them.. Taking an idea in my head and me making it as close to what is in my head as I can get.. They trying to get the right lighting and effects and things..

There is no fun or skill to telling some A. I. to do it for me.

Now if a sellers best textures are sitting in their A.I. generated ad.. They may want hit the ole drawing board and up their game if that's the look they are wanting to achieve.. Because , you can fool many people some of the time, but you can't fool them all the time.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

I am pretty simple in it ... When I spot an add or creator who is using the visualitazion of his product straight out of Adobe or whatever software or it's AI generated, I don't buy from that creator. It's false advertisement (not representing the product as it is) or deceiving, misleading information ... which both are forbidden in my country as it is being considered falsefying the competition.

Edited by Dorientje Woller

16 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I did a couple of posts in the , How does your avatar look with A.I. thread or something like that..

It was fun the first two times..

But to be honest, It felt really empty and not fulfilling after..

It was fun to try, but there really wasn't much effort..

For me, The ride is 85% of the fun.. I love making sets for pictures and hunting everything for them.. Taking an idea in my head and me making it as close to what is in my head as I can get.. They trying to get the right lighting and effects and things..

There is no fun or skill to telling some A. I. to do it for me.

Now if a sellers best textures are sitting in their A.I. generated ad.. They may want hit the ole drawing board and up their game if that's the look they are wanting to achieve.. Because , you can fool many people some of the time, but you can't fool them all the time.

It's all about 'equal outcome', which always comes at the expense of someone else. To remove investment, hard work and learning something, by chopping the lower legs off someone else, and pasting it onto another so they have the same height. I also don't appreciate AI getting to do all the cool stuff - while the rest of us get to scrub toilets.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

It's all about 'equal outcome', which always comes at the expense of someone else. To remove investment, hard work and learning something, by chopping the lower legs off someone else, and pasting it onto another so they have the same height. I also don't appreciate AI getting to do all the cool stuff - while the rest of us get to scrub toilets.

Movies and music  will probably get worse than it already is. Because  when they don't have to pay real artists, that's what happens.

Look what auto tunes did.. Now you just need a pretty face and an attitude... hehehe

Movies, Honestly now that I think about it.. In the last few years, how much worse can they really get? lol

• Like 2

I managed to track down that skin in the ad I originally posted about its at the K9 event. Interestingly enough, there was no included shape in the demo pack...and the skin, well-I stand by my opinion of it and the ad.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2024 at 6:22 PM, Moyra Ares said:

I heard it all before...

back in 1999. You are doing photoshop art? ahhh that is no art, photoshop is evil it will take our art jobs and bla.

It will pass and in 20 years everybody will use Ai.

and Artists who use Ai will be still Artists.

there... my 20 cents

It goes back ever farther.  Panters were afraid that photography would put them out of business.  Well now photography is an honored artform.  

I love AI art and I'm glad it came along.  I can't draw or paint, I failed art is school because I have the talent of a rock.  Ok, I didn't "fail" art, I made a C and for art that is failing it.  

There is something off about how my brain processes information and the skills I would use to make art.  I can see the images but no matter how hard I try I can't put them on paper or canvas.  That part of my brain just doesn't work right. 

Ai art, this is mathematics, this is computer programming.  I can do this.  I can make images and be creative.  I can do people, landscapes, abstract.  Just a matter of figuring out how to design the flow in comfyui and figure out the correct prompts.

There is far more to it than just typing something into a prompt.    An no, training models and lora's against other images is not stealing the images, you are not storing their art in your models.  That is not how it works.  

Ai art is just like any other tool.  It can be used for positive and negative actions.  

I've started a group in world called ~Pixel Alchemy~  secondlife:///app/group/029073ee-1d82-3158-a3cd-66ba2124826a/about

It's about Ai Art and all aspects of it.   It just started a few weeks ago so its still looking for members.