Dark circles under eye with LeLutka EvoX eyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Myself I dabble in all kinds of different looks as the wind blows, because that's what I love to do in SL..Where some users are looking to make their one or certain looks and live their SL.. I do think that being picky is important for sure  if you want certain things from a head and should find the ones that fit what you are looking for.

I have an image in my head of how I want Debi and Blush to look. I've not swayed from the image since I created them 20 and 16 years ago. So every head change I've made is because I thought the new head fit my image of what their faces should look like. Billie actually fits Debi's face goal more so than Kaya, but those shadows *sigh*. 

I've tried to dramatically change how Debi looks. One time making her a white haired elf, but she just wasn't Debi like that so back to the red hair, clean scrubbed freckled face. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I never replied to the favorite Lelutka head for the reasons brought up in this thread. I was wearing Kaya basically since I got it for free a few years ago. Loved the way it looked in great lighting.. Optimal Skin and Prim or CaIWL  are my normal settings.  My bf however is usually on default lighting .. and likes to let the time pass in game.  I like this lighting on occasion myself.. boating ect or doing other things where you use your lights in your home.  It's been concerning me that when Firestorm updates and we need lights that I'm not going to like what I see so I've been trying to change heads. 

I recently went and demo'd all of the newer ones but still had more shadow, and bumpy problems than I liked. The newer ones for the most part though did seem better.  I don't want to pay for the same issues  so decided to try Noel that was free this last Christmas.  It's better with the shadows and bumps than Kaya for me but taking a lot of work to shape it how I want it. 

For me I know it's not the lighting or the settings (materials and such) we've gone through it all. Multiple times.  It's not the skins.. I have skins from nearly every maker out there. It's the mesh.  I guess its a type of realism they want but I'd prefer it to be smoother and less realistic. I'd rather put that stuff on with skin and makeup.

Edited by Chery Amore

I love this site everyone is so helpful. I know it must be hard cause you only get the issue which is so general. So after a good night sleep adjust the bags scale from 50 to almost 0 the dark circles gone away!! it was either the sleeping or the scale haha. I wanted some bags just cause it more realistic to me, but I don't understand the darkening. Anyhow I thought i had to live with it but thanks to this group I don't!!!! love to you all :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

What's new in these updates?  I am pretty happy with the head I have, but if there is some cool new tool or some other addition, I might grab the upgrade.

I believe there is things like, more material layers and things like that. More options in the hud..

• Like 1

and another thing!!! This thread brought up a lot about lighting. I never use it maybe a cheap light. For a first-time user in getting the lighting right, what would be the basics or suggestions for me to start? thank you all again and in advance :)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sammie Kiyori said:

and another thing!!! This thread brought up a lot about lighting. I never use it maybe a cheap light. For a first-time user in getting the lighting right, what would be the basics or suggestions for me to start? thank you all again and in advance :)

I'm not sure about in the official viewer.. But if you are in Firestorm. You can right click any  tool button on your tool bar and choose the tool button from the menu.. that will bring up the  buttons that you can drag to your screen..

The one that has the lightings you can set for your enviroment is called Phototools.. you just drag that to the bottom or the top or to one of the sides of your screen and it will stick  there..

then you click that once it's set..that will open a window with a few tools in it.. you want the ENV option at the very top. once ENV is open, you'll get three  options that have a drop down arrow and a right and left arrow..

The one that  is for sky, if you click that drop down arrow. you'll see a big list of options you can try out.. you can use the right and left arrow also if you like to just run through them.. But you can also just click on each one and then hit enter and it will load..

Also at the top of your screen you should have a button that say's lighting.. If you click that you can play with the sun and the moon and fog and things like that..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

a68acecca5f1211d06cf9b95d103b68a.png

This is how my face looks now :) I am loving it but as you see even at zero bags there is still some darkness under the eye. But it is so much better and I am very happy how the end product came out. Thanks again for everyones support

You can try the "Puffy" slider on the body shape eye section that puffs out or smooths that area under the eye. This is more a fix with your shape than with the mesh head.  Sometimes when I change heads I have to tweak eye-puff. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sammie Kiyori said:

a68acecca5f1211d06cf9b95d103b68a.png

This is how my face looks now :) I am loving it but as you see even at zero bags there is still some darkness under the eye. But it is so much better and I am very happy how the end product came out. Thanks again for everyones support

Check your Eye Depth also, as well as Upper Cheek  and Cheek bone slider.

The Eye Depth slider makes an in and out push with the eyes and the eye lids the eye brows and that whole area.

The Upper Cheek slider makes more of an in and out push with the cheeks.

The Cheek Bone slider is more of an up and down with the cheek bone.

When editing your shape and testing out any sliders, always be looking at what the profile view is showing when you move the sliders, as well as the front view.. Some sliders won't show as much of an impact from the front as they will from the profile and vice versa.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The Eye Depth slider makes an in and out push with the eyes and the eye lids the eye brows and that whole area.

Just take care that you don't exceed the limitations of the head and take also care of the puffyness or the eyeballs will clip with the eyelids.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.