Content creators for Child bodies.

Posted (edited)

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000173097-child-avatar-faq 

I've read over the Child avatar FAQ, and read through the threads here on child avatars. Everything I've seen so far is directed at user behaviour/actions involving the use of child bodies/avatars.

I might have missed some conversation, but I don't think I've seen any conversation about the role of content creators. I've visited the AVI(L) store/region, and seen that some of the clothing sold there is VERY adult in nature. Browsing the marketplace for AVI(L) rigged clothing, I've seen the same thing (example: micro bikini's with stripe-able animations). This all for a child body. If I understand things right, if a user were to wear this clothing on the AVI(L) child body, in a G rated sim, it would be against the AP rules, but is it okay for the content to be made, and sold?

Edited by Miyoko01
Can't spell AP or it gets turned into *****
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It's my guess that if it's just skimpy, one could wear it...over the required modesty garments. But the strippable aspect is another thing entirely. They might need to disable that feature (which shouldn't have been there anyway tbh).

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Psyche Starling said:

It's my guess that if it's just skimpy, one could wear it...over the required modesty garments. But the strippable aspect is another thing entirely. They might need to disable that feature (which shouldn't have been there anyway tbh).

My question is more about the creators of these items. Is it / will it be against the TOS to create and sell adult items for child bodies? Not so much around how a user may get around the rules using the adult items. So far, I have not found any rules to clarify if going forward these items can be created and/or sold?

1 minute ago, Miyoko01 said:

My question is more about the creators of these items. Is it / will it be against the TOS to create and sell adult items for child bodies? Not so much around how a user may get around the rules using the adult items. So far, I have not found any rules to clarify if going forward these items can be created and/or sold?

I think the short answer is "Yes."

What that looks like remains to be seen, but I suspect that LL is even more concerned about the high visibility of goods for sale that obviously violate the ToS than they are about "behaviours."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think the short answer is "Yes."

What that looks like remains to be seen, but I suspect that LL is even more concerned about the high visibility of goods for sale that obviously violate the ToS than they are about "behaviours."

You say goods for sale that obviously violate the ToS. Is this because the sale/creation of these goods are considered AP? I have not found anything so far that clarify's this. Like for example if I filed an Abuse Report under AP for something being sold that was of adult nature and was rigged for a child body, would that be correctly reported under AP? I don't want to spend time reporting content if the AP category is only meant for the behaviour of users, and not about content for sale.

1 minute ago, Miyoko01 said:

You say goods for sale that obviously violate the ToS. Is this because the sale/creation of these goods are considered AP? I have not found anything so far that clarify's this. Like for example if I filed an Abuse Report under AP for something being sold that was of adult nature and was rigged for a child body, would that be correctly reported under AP? I don't want to spend time reporting content if the AP category is only meant for the behaviour of users, and not about content for sale.

I think you could report it, but Governance would need to make the determination that such items were exclusively or primarily for sale to, and use by, the child avatar community.

Just go ahead and AR it, and let them make that determination?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Isn't that body used to make children, teens, and adults? I haven't seen it myself, but I could've sworn it was mentioned in one of our dozen other threads somewhere.

I'd check that before submitting any ARs.

Edit: Am I thinking of Rebirth? Heck I don't even know anymore.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added Stuffs
  • Like 2

Rebirth certainly is. (I sell a ballet outfit for Rebirth; while the outfit is not risque, I've changed the ad pic of it to grownup!Rebirth for the time being--I think the modesty bra will show when they roll out, so I don't want to have an ad pic that doesn't show one where one should be, if that makes sense.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I personally don't feel that LL should allow anyone to create that type of clothing for child avatars. I never understood why someone roleplaying a child would feel the need to wear revealing, provocative clothing - unless they intend to engage in illegal activities that are against the TOS. 

Many of the photographs used in advertisements for products listed under child apparel are highly questionable because the avatars appear to be children, even though they are using an adult body with a petite add on. There's an outfit on the MP under children's apparel called, "Unwrap Me", for instance, that is highly offensive - but they can just market clothing items like this as being for 18 (and thus "legal")

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Isn't that body used to make children, teens, and adults? I haven't seen it myself, but I could've sworn it was mentioned in one of our dozen other threads somewhere.

I'd check that before submitting any ARs.

Edit: Am I thinking of Rebirth? Heck I don't even know anymore.

There are a few strippable outfits for Rebirth, too.  The bra on the bikini isn't rigged for the flat version but is for the others.  So not the child in their ads but even the preteen version.  Some panties too that sorta kinda look like diapers.

• Like 2

There is some very inappropriate clothing apparel made for the AVI(L) body as well, which I imagine will no longer be allowed because the items violate the part of the TOS which states that child avatars are prohibited from wearing clothing where "the focal point of the body is on the breasts, pelvis, or buttocks". But individuals will likely just switch to using an adult body with flat/petite add on to get around this limitation.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I've reported several pieces of undergarments that have visible genital outlines for tweenster body before. Nothing happened to them. They're still there on the marketplace. Very contradictive between the policies they say they'll enforce and the ones they do.

Edited by Silachan Rain
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There are a few strippable outfits for Rebirth, too.  The bra on the bikini isn't rigged for the flat version but is for the others.  So not the child in their ads but even the preteen version.  Some panties too that sorta kinda look like diapers.

I think I'm thinking about Rebirth. AVI(L) should be for children/teens. Ignore my previous statement, lol. There are too many bodies, Rowan. TOO MANY BODIES. I don't know what's going on anymore!

But yeah, I think the Marketplace was mentioned in the TOS. Yep...

image.thumb.png.c1dc9c69dd2d85df6479036b6e91a8b8.png

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Silachan Rain said:

I've reported several pieces of undergarments that have visible ***** outlines for tweenster body before. Nothing happened to them. They're still there on the marketplace. Very contradictive between the policies they say they'll enforce and the ones they do.

There really was no specific rule, AFAIK, against that before.  The new rules definitely prohibit anything that draws attention or defines those areas.  It was just in bad taste/creepy before.

They may be a bit behind with any new reports on the MP.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

But yeah, I think the Marketplace was mentioned in the TOS. Yep...

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay

Thank you - this is what I was looking for. But when I'm in the MP, the reasons I can choose to flag an item, don't give me an option I think I could use to flag for this? Does anyone know what is the correct category to use when you do a 'flag this item' in the MP?

Inworld I'm still not sure if I should use AP as the category for an abuse report on something for sale. 

I am asking all this because I've done 10 abuse reports using the category for AP on in world items sold in the AVI(L) sim, and like @Silachan Rain the items are still in the sim for sale. If I'm just not filing the abuse report correctly and so they are not being acted on because of this, I want to correct what I'm doing.

Edited by Miyoko01
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Miyoko01 said:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay

Thank you - this is what I was looking for. But when I'm in the MP, the reasons I can choose to flag an item, don't give me an option I think I could use to flag for this? Does anyone know what is the correct category to use when you do a 'flag this item' in the MP?

Inworld I'm still not sure if I should use AP as the category for an abuse report on something for sale. 

I am asking all this because I've done 10 abuse reports using the category for AP on in world items sold in the AVI(L) sim, and like @Silachan Rain the items are still in the sim for sale. If I'm just not filing the abuse report correctly and so they are not being acted on because of this, I want to correct what I'm doing.

You're welcome! I genuinely don't know as I'm unfamiliar with the AR system. Since the policy was just unveiled, it's possible the flags need to be updated for it? Totally guessing here, though. Hopefully someone is able to shed some light on that for you.

5 minutes ago, Miyoko01 said:

I am asking all this because I've done 10 abuse reports using the category for AP on in world items sold in the AVI(L) sim, and like @Silachan Rain the items are still in the sim for sale. If I'm just not filing the abuse report correctly and so they are being acted on because of this, I want to correct what I'm doing.

It's only been 7 working days since the new rules went into effect.  They may have tried to contact the seller of those items to try and educate them on the new rules.  They may also have had a deluge of reports they're trying to wade through.

As far as the MP goes, you could try flagging something for incorrect maturity rating?  At least it will get looked at.  Another option could be pulling up the MP listing in the viewer and make the report with the listing in the screenshot.

• Like 5

I tried flagging at item that should not be listed under Children's Apparel but there is not an option for that issue so not sure what to place it under

2 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

I tried flagging at item that should not be listed under Children's Apparel but there is not an option for that issue so not sure what to place it under

Never mind, it's under "Item Not as Advertised"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Was it apparel made for.children or something children can not wear?

The transparent swimwear, "sexy" lingerie and the revealing swimsuits that show a lot of the chest and buttocks, like the g string type bathing suits. And I don't know if the pasties should be in that category either

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Sadvhi said:

The transparent swimwear, "sexy" lingerie and the revealing swimsuits that show a lot of the chest and buttocks, like the g string type bathing suits. And I don't know if the pasties should be in that category either

Flag it under not listed as adult...nudity.or sexually explicit content.  They should be able.to.figure it out...

Screenshot_20240513-163155.thumb.png.b73f26d31f4493d4ec7608be1c0b54f2.png

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Flag it under not listed as adult...nudity.or sexually explicit content.  They should be able.to.figure it out...

But it says under the Marketplace Listing Guidelines that they fall under the General category:

Avatar goods that may be sexy, but are not sexual, including:

Avatar accessories, including sexy clothes and undergarments, as long as they do not expose genitals or female nipples.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

LL have said in the child FAQ that it is acceptable for child avatars to wear swimsuits so long as they are rated G, appropirate and do not excentuate genatalia etc. I'm not familiar with clothing for AVI(L) but if the swimsuits break any of those rules then no, I don't think they should be on MP.  Like I said though, I've not actually seen them to pass judgement. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sadvhi said:

But it says under the Marketplace Listing Guidelines that they fall under the General category:

Avatar goods that may be sexy, but are not sexual, including:

Avatar accessories, including sexy clothes and undergarments, as long as they do not expose genitals or female nipples.

Yes but if it's for a child avatar using children as a search term, it's the best you can do until they give more options.  Anything see-thru or strippable marketed toward young teen or child avatars is against the new rules.

• Like 3