Will The New TOS on Child Avatars Ensnare Short Adults?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

And that matters so much to you that you'd like all 24/7 bots banned regardless of whether or not they are actually functional and useful?

I propose a compromise. All 24/7 bots should be Premium accounts.

After all, since they provide such a valuable and useful service, they should be able to pay for the ability, and thus contribute to the Second Life economy.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/18/2024 at 12:52 PM, brodiac90 said:

It was just a little bit of humour :D

I don't think LL intends to ban child avatars. It would have been easier to do just that than what they're currently doing. Suggesting it will lead to that is a bit of a slippery slope fallacy. 

As for A land, most prepubscent child avatars have moved on and don't even care, if they even cared to begin with - I never went anyway. The people it's going to really effect are teens and adults who 'don't look adult enough to others,' and even then, I'm not sure how big of an issue this is going to be - most people I see either fall into the category of child or adult, it's very rare you see someone who is a borderline case. Again though, take my opinion however you want since I won't be in adult land to judge. 

My main concern now is the rollout of modesty layers, although I can understand why some people might be concerned about height issues in adult land. I know for years some creators have been trying to push for realistic scales for buildings and vehicles. It would probably help everyone if the 8ft giants shrunk down a bit. 

Even some of our Lindens are guilty of it. I was standing next to one the other day at the Bid The Lindens Bald event at Relastock and I only came up to one of their shins!

I blame the ridiculous shapes that come with bodies and heads. 7 feet+ tall seems very common.

No excuse for it these days, people have definitely tried to move SL to more realistic heights and a lot of furniture/houses made in the past few-five years definitely seems more tuned for at least somewhat realistically sized avatars.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

After all, since they provide such a valuable and useful service, they should be able to pay for the ability, and thus contribute to the Second Life economy.

I would say have them Premium Plus but somehow they should not be included in the daily concurrency numbers via the Second Life Grid Survey. 

The lab knows the actual daily concurrency numbers (the last 30/60 days active resident logins) but for some reason can't make them public. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager

Just now, Daniel Voyager said:

I would say have them Premium Plus but somehow they should not be included in the daily concurrency numbers via the Second Life Grid Survey. 

This only works if the bots are "Registered Agents".  Otherwise, LL would have no clue which bots are real "live" users.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This only works if the bots are "Registered Agents".  Otherwise, LL would have no clue which bots are real "live" users.

Exactly.  That skybox full of avatars does.increase the traffic which the Firestorm viewer shows differently.  They definitely are not registered.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2024 at 1:51 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

to me, standing alone I totally look like an adult, but in a room full of 8 ft giants (male and female) it could be like hey, who let the kid in?

In fact it makes me uncomfortable sometimes when i only come up to just over everyones waist

Whats the solution? Oh just go bigger they say

Nope sorry took me 14 years in SL to get here, and here is where I’m staying.

If i end up just hanging out with my short friends, it is what it is.

You don't just come up to everyone's waist unless hanging out in height fetish places. I'm the same height as you, 17yrs in SL with 0 problems and never fear being in trouble. I wear hoodies, jeans and sneakers at times, more adult stuff at other times. Also, 5'5 is not just over 5'. Maybe don't go to places with 8' giants, I'm in SL for 12hrs daily and don't find these rooms

15 hours ago, Liaa Nova said:

You don't just come up to everyone's waist unless hanging out in height fetish places. I'm the same height as you, 17yrs in SL with 0 problems and never fear being in trouble. I wear hoodies, jeans and sneakers at times, more adult stuff at other times. Also, 5'5 is not just over 5'. Maybe don't go to places with 8' giants, I'm in SL for 12hrs daily and don't find these rooms

I've been shorter than 5'5" and never relatively been given crap about it, unless I'm in a sim with giant bimbos Honestly the people mostly that gives any hate or trouble or threats are tall overly sexualize female avatars. This is only sometimes.

Why just the other day I was standing minding my own business and someone was like "Congratulations on your A.R." and they mentioned they reported me because I'm too short and said what I wore was a child's outfit. It was a  really tiny cross bikini with a fur coat, 6 inch heels, collar on my neck and had cuffs on. I replied

"...Where do you live that they would allow a child to wear this?"

She was the only one in that entire sim, out of so many others to have done that. It blew my mind that she said what I wore, the most revealing outfit, was a child's outfit. Since when is Belzebuble child? What child wears 6inch heels? Like come on.

• Confused 1

On 5/20/2024 at 12:08 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

😂 Great, then we have to worry about the bots taking all the good Belli parcels! 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 6:25 PM, Daniel Voyager said:

Well, if they are registered as a "Scripted Agent", then I would HOPE LL would differentiate! But that may make the numbers look "too low". 😞

1 minute ago, Arwyn Quandry said:
On 5/20/2024 at 12:08 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

😂 Great, then we have to worry about the bots taking all the good Belli parcels! 

That's what we "need", so that the "Game of Homes" players can "roll" better homes in their next tries.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.