SL Marketplace: Excluding DEMO on the listings page no longer works for me

Emma Krokus

Question

In the last few days, I have noticed that when I search, but exclude demo items via the checkbox left side of the page, this no longer works.

I've cleared my web cache and history to no avail. Is this just me and what do I do to rectify it... or are others seeing the same?

My search:

Second Life Marketplace

Hmm...

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Emma Krokus said:

In the last few days, I have noticed that when I search, but exclude demo items via the checkbox left side of the page, this no longer works.

I've cleared my web cache and history to no avail. Is this just me and what do I do to rectify it... or are others seeing the same?

My search:

Second Life Marketplace

Hmm...

Yep, that's a problem.  Log a bug at the Feedback website:  https://feedback.secondlife.com/

• Thanks 1

Can you still exclude demo items with Booleans? I mean, type NOT Demo (with NOT in caps) in your search string. You may need to be more comprehensive, since the exclusion is case sensitive: NOT Demo, NOT DEMO, NOT demo.  And exclude $L 0 results.

That helps... but seems to return a very limited "selection" - set to search for all L$0, "no demo" checked, NOT DEMO boolean gives just 2157 items when searching for newest first... thats seems odd.

Second Life Marketplace - NOT DEMO

I have no confidence that this a true reflection. What I think is going on, is that Marketplace only returns 10,000 items, restricting the search further - using Booleans, checking other criteria: price, permissions, DO NOT show -  is limited to those 10,000 items... there is no way to work round that to get results from all of marketplace for your criteria.

I've checked your search result.
The demo's that pop up are not correctly set as demo's by their merchants.

When the demo is correctly set you will see "get the full version" link under the "Buy now" button in their listing.
Those correctly set demo's seem to be filtered out as far as I tested.

As comparison here is my store that holds a demo for each item, but correctly listed, you should see none of them.

Edited by Sid Nagy

47 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

When the demo is correctly set you will see "get the full version" link under the "Buy now" button in their listing.

As comparison here is my store that holds a demo for each item, but correctly listed, you should see none of them.

Thanks, Sid.

DEMOS not linked to a full version are another Pet Peeve of mine.

My initial point here was that checking DEMO in the search does not exclude demos (see the first link I posted). My last link, shows the Boolean being used to exclude DEMO's. And yes, it does better...

My comment "I have no confidence that this a true reflection. "... refers to not being able to get results from the whole of marketplace for my search - but being limited to the search results out of the 10,000 that get returned now.

4 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think they have fixed something.  When Emma first posted yesterday, I checked her link and there were tons of Demos that were linked to Full Version.  So checking the No Demo box at that time really was not working -- though it definitely appears to be working now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think they have fixed something.  When Emma first posted yesterday, I checked her link and there were tons of Demos that were linked to Full Version.  So checking the No Demo box at that time really was not working -- though it definitely appears to be working now.

Just tried the first search I posted (link in first post again) - no change as far as I can see...

1 hour ago, Emma Krokus said:

Just tried the first search I posted (link in first post again) - no change as far as I can see...

Interesting.  I definitely have different results than when I clicked the link yesterday.