Must.... Resist.... Slamming head on DESK......

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Topic says just as I feel at the current time. I have spent the last hour trying to ' Verify My Age ' ( Aka Im 18, and I want to access the areas that are still ' Blocked Off ', mainly due to the fact I have a few friends over there. ). Now, Im sure usually this is not a problem, but after spending a hour and using every technique and way ( SSN, Drivers License, ect ect ect ), and finding that the Manual way is non-existant in the Ticket area, Im halfway to screaming my head off, and sending myself to the Nut House.

So, if anyone could kindly give me a hand, give me some advice, tell me what to do to fix this bloody mess, I would be eternally greatful.

Things that may be important: I have not moved, or changed my name in the last 18 months. I have used almost all ways of confirming my age, and it every time has spit it back into my face.

Once again, help would be kind.

If you have a credit card you can 'account verify' instead. You would be able to access any land rated Adult unless it specifically said visitors must age verify. Some people put age verify only on other mainland also.

A lot of people have had trouble with the age verify process in the past. I have no idea what's going wrong with yours so I can't comment on that part, sorry.

what is it saying when you go to age verifiy?

i will say this..if there is anything wrong on the initial information when you made the account they will ignore the rest..like if you accidentally hit the wrong year  on the DOB when creating the account..

my fiance just went through 7 days of run around with LL and finally said heck with it and made a new account..

he gave SSN  DLN State ID number and creditcard information as well as usualy information of address and all that..

like 3 different times lol

so if some information that you are giving them now is not lining up with the information when you made the account for the  avatar.. you will probably have to scan or mail in or fax them  using the manual methods..

The information that you provided did not match available public records. This can occur if your information has changed recently. If you moved or changed your name in the last 18 months, please try age verification again with your prior address or name.

That is what the bloody message says. I signed up with all the correct dates and such, so things should work.

So let me get this straight.... Only the paying customers are truly important to Second Life, so they are granted the best way to fix this mess? And in the end, if you dont pay a dime, your screwed if this happens?

Thats messed up.

Thr33Dawg wrote:

So let me get this straight.... Only the paying customers are truly important to Second Life, so they are granted the best way to fix this mess? And in the end, if you dont pay a dime, your screwed if this happens?

Thats messed up.

Yes, paying customers are granted the best ways to fix things. That is one of the things we PAY for. It is true that non-paying accounts are welcome and in fact important to Second Life, but if you actually feel that those who pay monthly fees are not entitled to greater privileges, then I think that you are the one that is 'messed up'.

Thr33Dawg wrote:

The information that you provided did not match available public records. This can occur if your information has changed recently. If you moved or changed your name in the last 18 months, please try age verification again with your prior address or name.

That is what the bloody message says. I signed up with all the correct dates and such, so things should work.

thats exactly what happened to my fiance..

it went on for 7 days going back and forth..from the 21 of this month till yesterday..

then he got so fed up with going back over everything again and again..so he deleted the account and ended up putting in his correct birthday and went through with flying colors..

he hit the wrong year on that stupid slider thinking he put in the correct Date of birth..they wouldn't change that for him..

they ignored all his information other than that slider..

they should have that part typed in instead of some stupid slider...

if they are seeing something that differes with the information  you are giving now and  the information you gave when you opened the account..then chances are something was typoed or that stupid slider put up the wrong year..

even on the verification page..my fiance is lucky he looked back again..because he went and chose for the form of ID as SSN and used his SSN..that slider jumped to drivers license.. he knew to double check  this time..

so maybe something changed as you were typing something else in either when creating the account..or when verifiying..

it did it to him two times in a row..he just got lucky and caught it the final time..

Thr33Dawg wrote:

The information that you provided did not match available public records.
This can occur if your information has changed recently
. If you moved or changed your name in the last 18 months, please try age verification again with your prior address or name.

Here's the key ... your "Adult Status" recently changed when you had your 18th birthday. Yes, the computer SHOULD calculate how old you are based on birthdate and current date, but it doesn't. It depends on a flag in the public records they use that states you are an adult. (It's part of the agreement with the public records folks, so there's no way around it really. If their records don't show you as adult, the "Consumer" .. LL in this case .. won't try and assume anything else.)

Solution? Put a pillow on your desk and be patient. They typically update every 1-3 months.

Just remember, this is all in place because up until a week ago we had to protect you from adult themes that you just weren't ready to cope with... (Hey, where's the :rollseyes: smiley?)

I called customer support the other week to recover an alt that had gotten into some funky billing state years ago, and they were extremely helpful. LL is supposed to have heard the concerns over customer support and addressed them - why not give them a chance before walking away?

However it happens, I hope this is resolved for you quickly.

Age Verification is now just a tick box on your Dashboard under the Age Verification tab. You should be able to just insert your age if not already pre-filled and tick the box to indicate you are adult. Aristotle and Aristotle issues requiring manual verification are now history.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Age-verification/ta-p/700021

If your are not seeing that though, you will have to contact Support.

well if there is a conflict they will ask you to verify manually..they asked my fiance to send all his stuff in..thats when he said this is getting crazy..

lol

it was hard enough just to get him to make an account ..it's a mirical that he is in there now..

i was like..omg he is gonna give up any minute now...

but he just told them after so many times that he is just gonna do it as he said he should have in  the first place..now he is in lol

Silly LL wabbits hehehe

Thst's good :) Linden Lab suddenly sprang this new and very simplified age verification process on us. Nobody seems to have known anything about it until this morning and I haven't seena  blog announcement. Jeremy Lindens's new age verification page is dated 29th June 2011.

All i know is this..when making an account and also doing that age verification or anything that can change the account..always double and triple check to make sure those sliders didn't jump to something else and that everything is 100% correct..

otherwise it's time to open the can of asprin..

cause LL will address you as the age you show them or whatever the part of information that is messed up..

i thought my fiance was gonna punch the monitor when he read that he can join the adult and moderate content when he reaches 18 in 2012..he lost it there LOL

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

Age Verification is now just a tick box on your Dashboard under the Age Verification tab. You should be able to just insert your age if not already pre-filled and tick the box to indicate you are adult. Aristotle and Aristotle issues requiring manual verification are now history.

If your are not seeing that though, you will have to contact Support.

YOUUUUU..... Oh You....... THANK YOU!

This new verification process saved my butt! Oh my god! Maybe thats why it did not go through! They could have been doing the new one!

In any case, Nyll Bergbahn, you are the best. Thank you so much! You DEFINATLY deserve that Helper Status! :D * Insert good review of helper status here *

But seriously, thank you. Now I can see all that you people hide behind closed doors..... Muuahahahahaaaaa.... >:3

And to the post about me turning 18 only days before, I have been 18 since January 25th. Sooooo yah. X3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.