Linden lab is charging me over a land i don't own anymore

AmericaHf

Question

This was on february, i had premium for 1 month and 15 days, i had a free linden home that i left it, because off an offer of another land(it looked like a big offer to me when that happened lol so dummy)but what just happened it both lands was the same size(1024) i had to cancel cause i couldn't afford it anymore, yes i have abandoned the land before and cancelled the premium before a renewal, i just don't understand why they are charging me over something that i don't own anymore its been exactly 1 month since i cancelled and paid my debts, yes i had paid everything on the past month, including the usd$ 7.00 charge the same moment i got the other land i was aware of that, what i really can't understand is why they're charging me over something that i don't own anymore and don't even asked for.

Edited by AmericaHf

11 answers to this question

You don't really need to worry about that land use page if you're back to basic.  LL used to charge if you didn't lower that amount but no longer due.  All it does is warn you if you try to purchase land OVER the amount checked.

You may remain at the higher tier level without penalty; tier fees are only charged for the total amount of land actually held within your billing cycle.) If you don't lower your tier and purchase more land, no warnings are sent, as you are still within the tier you allotted.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AmericaHf said:

i checked and there's a next bill date (04-04, thursday) on land holdings, i have 0 meters holdings, i don't know what do... and yes my premium is cancelled.

Also, you may have cancelled your premium but it still.is in effect until that second month ends.  You can not have premium for 15 days as your original post mentions.  You're still premium until 4/4/24 which is your billing date.  However, once you cancel premium, you can no longer own land regardless.  You can't even cancel UNTIL you have released all Linden home and mainland.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AmericaHf said:

its been exactly 1 month since i cancelled and paid my debts, yes i had paid everything on the past month

I'm not sure exactly the timing here (and you may need to contact Billing to get help), but my guess is that the "exactly 1 month" interval isn't aligned with the fixed monthly billing date, so you were paying for the remainder of the billing cycle after you cancelled. You may be able to confirm this yourself from your dashboard—and you'll want to go there anyway to make sure this isn't going to continue happening!

Maybe first go to the Account Summary page and look at the bottom: is there a "Next bill date"? If not, then presumably you won't be billed again. (If it shows a "Next bill date" then at least the Premium subscription somehow didn't get cancelled.)

Then you may want to check the Account History pages for the past couple months to see what the account billing date was. There's probably a billing record description starting with "Recurring Mainland Fees" somewhere with a date that tells you the end of the billing period for which the charges applied. That means there was land held at some point, however briefly, during the month before that date.

If those records don't answer the question, I may have just misunderstood what you already explained.

Posted (edited)

i checked and there's a next bill date (04-04, thursday) on land holdings, i have 0 meters holdings, i don't know what do... and yes my premium is cancelled.

Edited by AmericaHf

16 minutes ago, AmericaHf said:

Okay, sorry, I was checking with an account that has never gone Premium at all, and it didn't have a next bill date, but maybe once you go Premium you get a next bill date forever, even when the bill is zero... which is what I hope you see in the "Total monthly cost" above that bill date. (I don't have any account that used to be Premium but isn't now, so I can't actually confirm that ex-Premium accounts still have "next bill dates" even though they won't be billed, but it sounds plausible.)

So, now, backing up to your original post on March 5th, probably you were billed March 4th for land you held even briefly at any point after February 4th. If instead you're sure you cancelled everything before February 4th, you should definitely contact Billing. (Their phone numbers are here along with links to submit a support case if that's easier.)

You should maybe check if you have selected the 'zero' level of Land Tier, on your SL dashboard look for Land Manager > Land Use Fees

If you are sure you have no land, make it look like this then click the Save button

https://gyazo.com/fe1dfb3e7a6165f5542dc65f06e616f7

The billing does go in a month cycle, but it is calculated as you highest land use during that period, so if the timing is tricky it can end up that you get billed a month even though you only used it a day.

6 minutes ago, Atomic Infinity said:

You should maybe check if you have selected the 'zero' level of Land Tier, on your SL dashboard look for Land Manager > Land Use Fees

If you are sure you have no land, make it look like this then click the Save button

The billing does go in a month cycle, but it is calculated as you highest land use during that period, so if the timing is tricky it can end up that you get billed a month even though you only used it a day.

My friend told me about it, i followed the instructions but it don't let me save the changes because i have a basic membership so i not allowed to have a land lol i think my account is with some bug i don't know if its because i didn't pay the usd 7.00 bill yet i don't have that money right now i not from usa soo the prices be really high on my country..

Posted (edited)

I checked all the infos on my profile and i have no land holdings or whatever.. I can't change the land fee billing because i'm not premium that means i will have to pay premium again to change that???

Edited by AmericaHf

41 minutes ago, Atomic Infinity said:

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

You don't really need to worry about that land use page if you're back to basic.  LL used to charge if you didn't lower that amount but no longer due.  All it does is warn you if you try to purchase land OVER the amount checked.

You may remain at the higher tier level without penalty; tier fees are only charged for the total amount of land actually held within your billing cycle.) If you don't lower your tier and purchase more land, no warnings are sent, as you are still within the tier you allotted.

the problem is that i can keep getting billed and if i not pay it they can block my account, and is important to me because off my friends and i'm starting a store now..

If you do not own land, which you can double check on your land use page, they will not bill you regardless.  You may have released your land an hour later than you should have which is why you were billed another month.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AmericaHf said:

the problem is that i can keep getting billed and if i not pay it they can block my account, and is important to me because off my friends and i'm starting a store now..

before you start a store or anything else what has payments i'd recommend to read a lot more parts of the knowledge base if i were you. Surprises as you encounter now could have been prevented when you had seen more info.