CasperVend/CasperLet alternatives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Norsk Himmel said:
7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Have you tried automatic redelivery?

I believe that's called "a subscription service"

If the item is not "no-copy", it is "free" to redeliver via the Marketplace!!!

AFAIK, IIRC, YMMV.

16 minutes ago, Shiera Kealoha said:

There's a completely valid reason as to why shops are moving away from caspervend, and it has nothing to do with "tinfoil hat" nonsense. 

when you don't agree it's in a discussion normal to give a reason, not just a "you have it wrong because i am sure i am right".
My vendor systems all work fine, and have also not seen any technical reason here, just the question by OP for another brand to use.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

As a customer I'd prefer people sticking to Casper so I can reliably get redeliveries even years down the road.

Especially as it slowly integrates in with Marketplace.

There are times where I will pay more to buy on Marketplace because I know the re-delivery will be there for me.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 1:31 PM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

As a customer I'd prefer people sticking to Casper so I can reliably get redeliveries even years down the road.

Especially as it slowly integrates in with Marketplace.

There are times where I will pay more to buy on Marketplace because I know the re-delivery will be there for me.

The MD vendor system also allows you to get redeliveries of purchases bought on Marketplace. The seller of the item has to allow the ANS connection with the vendor system, just as it would need to be done for any other vendor supporting this feature. Once that is done it works the same way, purchases on Marketplace can be redelivered through a kiosk device or HUD in-world.

Edited by Certified Lunasea

Just wanted to say that I have had shops (several kinds and sometimes overlapping) in SL for sixteen plus years now and have never used a vender system. This for the new folks that might be reading this thread.  

Personally I LIKE being able to see what is in the box I am buying and I most always deliver in a folder or as a copy of the item that the people are clicking on.  I have about one redelivery a year because I TEST my products often and well.  I don't have sales LOL.   

So for NEW FOLKS you might want to start out simply like we did in the olden days.

It still works just fine :SwingingFriends:

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.