Has anyone else experience this when teleporting or someone tries to teleport you??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 76 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This what it says sometimes when I teleport, or someone teleports me: "You have been logged out of Second Life: You have been disconnected from the region you were in.

You can still look at existing IM and chat by clicking 'View IM & Chat'.  Otherwise, click Quit.' to exit Second Life Immediately. 

This has been happening a lot sometimes. I go to quit and log back in, or I restart my pc. And I still have the same problems sometimes. 

The Third-party viewer I use is The Cool VL Viewer. 

3 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

This what it says sometimes when I teleport, or someone teleports me: "You have been logged out of Second Life: You have been disconnected from the region you were in.

You can still look at existing IM and chat by clicking 'View IM & Chat'.  Otherwise, click Quit.' to exit Second Life Immediately. 

This has been happening a lot sometimes. I go to quit and log back in, or I restart my pc. And I still have the same problems sometimes. 

The information contained in the Firestorm wiki works with other TPVs as well.

fs_run_crash [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I usually crash when I tp away from a region that has a lot of avatars in it.

If its a super busy sim you want to tp out of, its often just better to log out and log back in someplace else.

Of course, on a super busy sim, the log out process is lagged too.

Some sims are so busy, I sometimes have to tp/log out just to change my mind.

😂

5 hours ago, Guku Aabye said:

Did you enable the ”Advanced” -> ”Network” -> ”TP race workaround” feature ?

It helps a lot avoiding this issue.

Note also that restarting your PC won't change a thing: it is a race condition between the server and the viewer: LL is aware of it and working on it. See this thread for all the gory details (warning: highly technical stuff ahead !).

Depending on the routers between your PC and SL servers, things can be ”better or worst than usual”...

5 hours ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

Note also that restarting your PC won't change a thing:

Something does change when rebooting the modem/router and that is the reason for rebooting the pc at the time. Sometimes that is what it takes for the pc to pick up on the new IP. Otherwise, people would be screaming they can't get online.

So, no, rebooting the pc by itself isn't going to change anything but rebooting the modem does.

Restarting the pc clears memory of anything "stuck" which is always a good thing to clear.

12 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Something does change when rebooting the modem/router and that is the reason for rebooting the pc at the time. Sometimes that is what it takes for the pc to pick up on the new IP.

This won't change a thing either about how your traffic is routed between your PC and SL servers... So no, this too is useless, unless your ISP-provided router/Internet-box is crashed.

Just now, Henri Beauchamp said:

This won't change a thing either about how your traffic is routed between your PC and SL servers... So no, this too is useless, unless your ISP-provided router/Internet-box is crashed.

I never said it would do that.

If it were so useless it wouldn't be recommended for older PCs to clear the memory. 

But what do I know. I just built and sold the damned things.

9 hours ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

Did you enable the ”Advanced” -> ”Network” -> ”TP race workaround” feature ?

It helps a lot avoiding this issue.

Note also that restarting your PC won't change a thing: it is a race condition between the server and the viewer: LL is aware of it and working on it. See this thread for all the gory details (warning: highly technical stuff ahead !).

Depending on the routers between your PC and SL servers, things can be ”better or worst than usual”...

TY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 76 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.