What is the split of SL users between RL Nations?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

49 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are we one / both of the human couple in that movie, or are we the alien?

It goes deep Love, while exploring tunnels under Bellisseria I stumbled into one of the mole's head quarters, they plan on having us raise baby moles.  Bellisseria was all a lie, a scenic place to raise their baby moles! I think Magellan had stumbled upon it as well, they were following him on social media.. I haven't heard from him since. 

Snapshot_631.thumb.jpg.171578a937ee287f40ca0c370f7b5010.jpg

If you find a package with a baby mole at your doorstep, you're doomed!  They plan on taking over the whole of Second Earth, the demographics won't matter, it will be all moles!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Are you trying to tell me, with a graduate level A grade in statistics has no idea how to interpret statistical data correctly?  Don't.

I'm saying that a pole of AMERICANSS, wanting to live in a Murica-Burb, tell you SOD ALL about Brits, or Germans, or Japanese, or Norwegians.

And if you had the qualification you claim, you'd have known that.

Breaking News. Most of the developed western world does NOT want to live in American suburbs or on a ranch half way up a mountain, 20 miles from a no horse town, and 3 miles from the nearest neighbour. Regardless of some "opinion poll, you've been reading.

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

You are hellbent on criticizing America and LL.

People who claim all us poor foreigners aspire to life in a Murica-Burb, make that REAL easy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

You are hellbent on criticizing America and LL.

People who claim all us poor foreigners aspire to life in a Murica-Burb, make that REAL easy.

Stop projecting.  I never said that.

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Are you trying to tell me, with a graduate level A grade in statistics has no idea how to interpret statistical data correctly?  Don't.

I'm saying that a pole of AMERICANSS, wanting to live in a Murica-Burb, tell you SOD ALL about Brits, or Germans, or Japanese, or Norwegians.

And if you had the qualification you claim, you'd have known that.

Breaking News. Most of the developed western world does NOT want to live in American suburbs or on a ranch half way up a mountain, 20 miles from a no horse town, and 3 miles from the nearest neighbour. Regardless of some "opinion poll, you've been reading.

So are you saying you want to live in a city in SL in a little apartment.  What about keeping people out of your space.  If I remember right this is very important to you -- having your space.

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

These coyotes are unusual because they don't eat cats, chickens, ducks, rabbits or small dogs. I don't think there are any skunks, raccoons or possums either.

But maybe they SHOULD, for the sake of realism!

Idea: They could eat Tinies/Dinkies, or - use coyotes to dispose of "trespassers" instead of Orbs!

• Sad 2

44 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

If you find a package with a baby mole at your doorstep, you're doomed!  They plan on taking over the whole of Second Earth, the demographics won't matter, it will be all moles!

The alien as a youth, screamed similarly to a Fennec fox (I've known some in SL)..

I wonder what alien mole babies scream like?

If Moles read this thread, they will probably scream about all the criticism of their beautiful builds!

44 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I stumbled into one of the mole's head quarters, they plan on having us raise baby moles

On first read this seems icky, but upon reflection I can think of a couple Moles I wouldn't mind having babies with.

..not what you meant?

Edited by Love Zhaoying

12 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Stop projecting.  I never said that.

You claimed that your "opinion poll" PROVED that "people want to live in blah blah blah Bellicossian Murica-Burb blah blah".

I pointed out that the value of the aleged opinion poll largely depended on WHERE it was conducted and on what the respondents definition of "suburb" was.

You then foamed at the mouth, and doubled down on "everyone wants to live in murica-burb, the number prove it".

I highly doubt that they do.

14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

So are you saying you want to live in a city in SL in a little apartment.  What about keeping people out of your space.  If I remember right this is very important to you -- having your space.

I have my space, in an apartment in a small town. With locks on the door to the apartment AND an entry system for the building.

Don't assume that "personal space" meansss living halfway up a mountain 20 mines from Buttwipe, Wisconsin.

And not being in a city sucks. I dislike having to check into a hotel somewhere 90 mins from home by public transport, if I want to go to a bar or club, I certainly wouldn't want to live in some rural hellhole, where you need to drive for 30 mins to reach a grocery store, or spend 3 hours a day commuting to and from work. I like having a choice of places to shop, not just "Hank n Martha's 5th rate grocery pit".

I like having dozens of eateries within walking distance, not limited to "BillyBob's Murica-Burger" I don't want to have to drink at the Roadhouse at the edge of a no horse town, with a bunch of rednecks listening to Country Music.

Would I rather live in a BRITISH city in RL, than in YOUR idea of an Ideal Murica-Home,? Hell yes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
24 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I have my space, in an apartment in a small town. With locks on the door to the apartment AND an entry system for the building.

Don't assume that "personal space" meansss living halfway up a mountain 20 mines from Buttwipe, Wisconsin.

And not being in a city sucks. I dislike having to check into a hotel somewhere 90 mins from home by public transport, if I want to go to a bar or club, I certainly wouldn't want to live in some rural hellhole, where you need to drive for 30 mins to reach a grocery store, or spend 3 hours a day commuting to and from work. I like having a choice of places to shop, not just "Hank n Martha's 5th rate grocery pit".

I like having dozens of eateries within walking distance, not limited to "BillyBob's Murica-Burger" I don't want to have to drink at the Roadhouse at the edge of a no horse town, with a bunch of rednecks listening to Country Music.

I said SL, but you're discussing RL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I said SL, but you're discussing RL.

I find SSL Murica-Burbss even more mind numbing and soul destroying that the RL ones.

So no, I don't want to live in Belli, you couldn't PAY me to move there, and they day the Murica-Burb ranters trick LL into rolling Belli Bigot rules over Mainland, delete build, abandon land, cancel premium, become homeless nomad.

You then foamed at the mouth, and doubled down on "everyone wants to live in murica-burb, the number prove it".

It's true I was talking about polls in America regarding living preferences between city/suburb/country.

I have not researched the preferences of Europeans in terms of where they want to live in RL, but I have talked to lots of Europeans in SL and RL, and almost all would rather live (whether in SL or RL) in a place that had some land surrounding them they could call their own.  Small sample size but it gave me the sense most people want land.

Don't forget, the reason Europeans were crammed into the city is that Kings took ownership of the land, and only the super wealthy could live outside the city. It was a pattern set in motion with effects going on today.  Plus, gas prices are through the roof over there, and I suspect that influences many to choose city living.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Don't forget, the reason Europeans were crammed into the city is that Kings took ownership of the land, and only the super wealthy could live outside the city.

In addition to learning what NON Muricans ACTUALLY want, maybe you could try learning some ACTUAL history too, instead of making up fact-free drivel.

• Like 3

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Don't forget, the reason Europeans were crammed into the city is that Kings took ownership of the land, and only the super wealthy could live outside the city.

In addition to learning what NON Muricans ACTUALLY want, maybe you could try learning some ACTUAL history too, instead of making up fact-free drivel.

I think we learned that you wanted your own home and sizeable piece of land that nobody would invade. So now you are devaluing private land?  Not sure I understand.

And the History...yes I do read.

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's true I was talking about polls in America regarding living preferences between city/suburb/country.

So, as I said earlier, of exactly NO relevance to most NON-Muricans, anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I have not researched the preferences of Europeans in terms of where they want to live in RL

Why am I not surprised.

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

a place that had some land surrounding them they could call their own

Having a garden, and wanting to live 20 miles from Buttwipe Wisconsin, are NOT the same thing, nor is having a garden and living a few hours from the grocery store.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

a place that had some land surrounding them they could call their own

Having a garden, and wanting to live 20 miles from Buttwipe Wisconsin, are NOT the same thing, nor is having a garden and living a few hours from the grocery store.

We can teleport in SL.  Do keep up.

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think we learned that you wanted your own home and sizeable piece of land that nobody would invade. So now you are devaluing private land?  Not sure I understand.

Not wanting fake explorer anti privacy griefers in my home, has exactly SSOD all to do with your "opinion polls prove foreigners want to live in Murica-Burb!" BS.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Not wanting fake explorer anti privacy griefers in my home, has exactly SSOD all to do with your "opinion polls prove foreigners want to live in Murica-Burb!" BS.

This is knowledge I gained from talking to RL Europeans and SL residents -- they want some land, and in SL many want land with some rules (so NOT the mainland).

I don't think of Bellisseria as "Murica-Burbs"...that appears to be your label for it.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

We can teleport in SL.  Do keep up.

You claimed you had some RL opinion poll of MURICANSS, and that this PROVED that NON-Muricans wanted to live in Murica Burb, or on some Rural ranch, I pointed out that seemed highly unlikely, and that the definition of "suburb" varies considerably, then you tried playing the "I haz degree" card.

Since then you've talked sh*te about European history, and claimed that you asked a few friends from that You-Rope place and they all wanted the Murican Dream.

Also unlikely.

And all this started because Scylla suggested some LH options that weren't Muricanised parodies of non-Murican themes.

You even waffled about "South Californian Mediterranean".

There is no such thing, that's NOT Mediterranean at all, it's Californian. It has about as much connection to the real thing as "not-beef flavoured tofu" has to a fresh piece of barbecued dead cow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well that happens when you seek to win over seeking understanding/learning.

Understanding/Learning? From somebody who claims a qualification in statistics, after claiming that an opinion pole of Americans tells her what People in Europe, the Middle East, India, the Far East, Scandinavia, Russia, Ukraine, Africa, and South America want.

And claiming Europeans live in cities because "evil kings took all the land" is so wildly inaccurate, it shows you never learned a damn thing about European history. and understand very little outside California.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.