What behavior do you find endearing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/12/2024 at 7:31 AM, elleevelyn said:

I explain that I didn't want to break their new person experience, that we only get to experience this one time.

You know how when you're exploring and come upon a little hidden surprise? Like an unexpected visual trick in a build or a familiar bit of content vocabulary in a novel setting? Some Moles and Lindens used to be especially good at scattering this sort of thing around new continents. I love those things. I try to sneak them into my builds too, here and there.

When I read @elleevelyn's post, I made the connection: what I find endearing about these little surprises is that their discovery recaptures a bit of the wonderment that enchants a newbie's experience of SL.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1. My older sl sister and bestfriend taking the time to landscape and build an entire house just to let me know how much she wants hubby and I to return to her residential sim. 🥰

2. Kind people who have captured a silly moment of mine in a photo and sharing it with me. This happened to me two years ago at the Fantasy Faire. I was attending with my husband and we were both on horseback. The sweetest person had taken a photo of me on my horse letting me know how beautiful my little arabian mare is. I had put a lot of time in setting up Snowdrop's (my mare) look and it meant so much that she had noticed! I still have that photo tucked away in my inventory. I'll always keep it.

3. Generally, I find the kindness, strength, support, diversity and imagination people can bring to their sl endearingly beautiful.  There is a lot of those attributes in abundance in sl.

• Like 5

On 1/13/2024 at 10:03 AM, Arwyn Quandry said:

Genuine compliments. Getting messages saying someone loves my avatar or my roleplay posts makes me feel super good. 

Along these same lines, someone saying they love something of mine, and asking me where they can buy it, because they simply must have it, and it's something I made myself. Needless to say, they get one for nothing right then and there.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 12:59 PM, Qie Niangao said:

You know how when you're exploring and come upon a little hidden surprise? Like an unexpected visual trick in a build or a familiar bit of content vocabulary in a novel setting? Some Moles and Lindens used to be especially good at scattering this sort of thing around new continents. I love those things. I try to sneak them into my builds too, here and there.

When I read @elleevelyn's post, I made the connection: what I find endearing about these little surprises is that their discovery recaptures a bit of the wonderment that enchants a newbie's experience of SL.

This week I logged in and went exploring where the Meadowbrook Linden homes are and was nicely surprised with an unexpected treasure hunt and secret places to explore complete with gifts. It made this 16 year old resident feel that new girl enthusiasm all over again. Thank you to the Moles and Lindens involved on that one. The Meadowbrook homes are modern now but still have that old-fashioned (in SL terms) "feel", and again that took me back to earlier times in Second Life. 

• Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.