Rez Day list

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I was wondering how one can get a list of avs online who are celebrating their rez day (I use "celebrating" in the loosest of terms).

On my rez day last year, I got a spontaneous and totally random rez day greeting from a few strangers. I hadn't even remembered it was my rez day and their wishes turned a humdrum day around. I asked one of the guys who messaged me how he knew and he told me that he had scripted a display on his land that showed the profile pictures of avatars online whose rez day it was. I visited it and it was really cool. I just clicked on the picture and the profile opened. From there I could send rez day greetings myself.

Stupidly, I didn't landmark the place and the whole concept receded to the back of my brain until my recent rez day (today!) when I got two messages, though this time it was from bots trying to sell me something for my rez day.

Does anyone know the group or place or guy that I talked to with the fancy display? If not, is there an easy way to create this list? The marketplace only seems to have stuff that is limited to reporting on avs within a region.

I would hate for this capability to be colonized by bots and for a copy/pasted sales pitch to be the way that people are reminded of their anniversary.

Cheers!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pixystick Praga said:

Hello! I was wondering how one can get a list of avs online who are celebrating their rez day (I use "celebrating" in the loosest of terms).

On my rez day last year, I got a spontaneous and totally random rez day greeting from a few strangers. I hadn't even remembered it was my rez day and their wishes turned a humdrum day around. I asked one of the guys who messaged me how he knew and he told me that he had scripted a display on his land that showed the profile pictures of avatars online whose rez day it was. I visited it and it was really cool. I just clicked on the picture and the profile opened. From there I could send rez day greetings myself.

Stupidly, I didn't landmark the place and the whole concept receded to the back of my brain until my recent rez day (today!) when I got two messages, though this time it was from bots trying to sell me something for my rez day.

Does anyone know the group or place or guy that I talked to with the fancy display? If not, is there an easy way to create this list? The marketplace only seems to have stuff that is limited to reporting on avs within a region.

I would hate for this capability to be colonized by bots and for a copy/pasted sales pitch to be the way that people are reminded of their anniversary.

Cheers!

The Bonniebots used to have this info but have since, after a discussion with LL, stopped publishing it due to privacy concerns.  They had it available somewhere inworld as well.as.their website.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

Update: I posted my inquiry on the SL subreddit as well and the creator responded that he was working on a new board that meets passes muster with the muckety mucks <---(this is the first time I've ever used that word pair!).

Anyways, as I said earlier, I did get a couple of IMs from bots... so were those bots breaking the rules, or is there already some kind of workaround?

Yeah, the bots who collected all that info are partially the reason for the newer rules on scripted agents and the ability to ban them on the estate level.  The gathering of all that info was deemed a breach of LL's privacy policy.  It was discussed in several threads...

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pixystick Praga said:

Ah, of course, it had to be used that way... like when you open your postbox on your birthday, and there's zero cards or letters from friends or family, as those who think of it send a text message or mail, but a couple from brick'n mortar stores you registered because you figured that with all those discounts for birthdays, weekends, and whatever else, there's no way that the usual prizes are the actual prizes, and you'd be stupid to shop on one of the rare days without discount, or from your insurance company... 😅

But for the, hopefully original, idea of just greeting people on their rezday, I think it's awesome. I'm sure I've seen such a board before, too.

On 1/10/2024 at 11:02 PM, Pixystick Praga said:

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure you'll meet the same complaints about collecting this data as BB did. If you'r gonna do it, make it a opt in instead of automaticly add account info to your list.
Many people could like it to get a message, but also many  wouldn't.
Next to it, it would be a lot of wasted work to add all 70.000.000 accounts to a list while hardly 25-50.000 are online at any moment.

On 1/11/2024 at 11:02 AM, Pixystick Praga said:

I asked one of the guys who messaged me how he knew and he told me that he had scripted a display on his land that showed the profile pictures of avatars online whose rez day it was

display boards like this are done with https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlRequestAgentData

DATA_BORN is the rez day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

if im reading profiles and i see its their rezz day, or is a few days before or after, I always wish them a happy rezz day.

I  also welcome total noobs to sl as well

*raises hand*

I do these too. I even give out presents. If anyone has a way of helping me remember my own rez day, that'd be cool, too.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

*raises hand*

I do these too. I even give out presents. If anyone has a way of helping me remember my own rez day, that'd be cool, too.

I recently opened my own Gmail account to keep track of my various metaverse activities, so now I have my SL rezz day tacked on to the Google Calendar. 

(Must remember to add the other rezz days from Open Sim too lol, I have four hypergrid accounts there.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JeromFranzic said:

I recently opened my own Gmail account to keep track of my various metaverse activities, so now I have my SL rezz day tacked on to the Google Calendar. 

(Must remember to add the other rezz days from Open Sim too lol, I have four hypergrid accounts there.)

I would check my Gmail, but it's been years, and all I ever get is emails from Second Life telling me someone quoted me in a forum topic, lol.

I so do not have the time to go clean all that out. XD

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.