MY SET TO HOME KEEP CHANGING FROM WHERE I SET IT

NaomiHarper1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I AM ALWAYS LANDING OUTSIDE MY HOME NOW.  I AM A PREMUIM MEMBER AND EXPECTING THE PERKS THAT I WAS SOLD ON WHEN I PURCHASED MY LINDEN HOME.  WHEN I REACH OUT TO THE LINDENS AND I AM HEARING NOTHING FROM THEM.  TH IS RUINING MY SL EXPERIENCE ON SL AND I AM ONLY 2 MONTHS OLD.  I NEED ASSISTANCE FROM SOMEONE IMMEDIATELY , THANK YOU.

13 answers to this question

When you select the Set Home To Here option in the World menu, your viewer will set "home" to the spot where you are standing at the moment (assuming that you are in a place that allows you to set home -- like your own property -- of course).  So, if you want to set "home" to a specific spot on your parcel, stand there before you select that option. If that's not working for you, open the About Land panel and look in the Options tab. If you have set a Landing Point there, it may be overriding your "home" position.  Just click the Clear button to unset it. 

For future reference, this is a resident-to-resident forum.  Lindens may occasionally read things here, but it's rare and they will almost never respond. The replies you get here are from other residents.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

When you select the Set Home To Here option in the World menu, your viewer will set "home" to the spot where you are standing at the moment (assuming that you are in a place that allows you to set home -- like your own property -- of course).  So, if you want to set "home" to a specific spot on your parcel, stand there before you select that option. If that's not working for you, open the About Land panel and look in the Options tab. If you have set a Landing Point there, it may be overriding your "home" position.  Just click the Clear button to unset it. 

For future reference, this is a resident-to-resident forum.  Lindens may occasionally read things here, but it's rare and they will almost never respond. The replies you get here are from other residents.

i done everything you said  but just yesterday, it started happening.  it is a linden home and i wrote to them about this but received no answer. i am a preium member 

If you want to alert Linden Lab to a problem like this, the way to do it is with a Support Case >> https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/home

It's probably worth mentioning that although being a Premium member does bring some "perks", including the option of having a Linden Home, there's no guarantee about where you land.  That's not a "perk".

(may be a Second Life or Bellissaria Mentor or other helpy person could reach out to Naomi inworld and help, if they haven't already)

it could be a system problem. It could be that Naomi has inadvertently added herself to the parcel ban list, or home security system, or could be something else. A inworld visit by a helpy person would probably soon sort it out

Edited by elleevelyn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

i continue to do that and it keep putting me outside the home.  initially it working but the last few days it ago it was working but now it is not.  i am a premium member and i stand in the middle of my living room where i set home to here. it doesn't work anymore.  no luck with trying to reach a linden since they sold me on all of these perks and they don't respond.

4 minutes ago, NaomiHarper1 said:

and i also keep clicking on the broken links when i enter my name and passwor, they say it is incorrect.  i am never changing my password

suggest that you uninstall the viewer you are using and then download and re-install the latest Linden Viewer and see if it fixes this kind of issue: https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

37 minutes ago, NaomiHarper1 said:

and i also keep clicking on the broken links when i enter my name and passwor, they say it is incorrect. 

I'm sorry.  I do not understand.  What links are broken?  Where are you entering your name and password?  Who says that they are incorrect?  And how is this problem related to the "home" position that you have been asking about?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NaomiHarper1 said:

i continue to do that and it keep putting me outside the home.  initially it working but the last few days it ago it was working but now it is not.  i am a premium member and i stand in the middle of my living room where i set home to here. it doesn't work anymore.  no luck with trying to reach a linden since they sold me on all of these perks and they don't respond.

When you look at the OPTIONS tab in About Land, does the Teleport Routing menu in the lower right corner of the page say Anywhere, like this one does?d5459b9932203478dd2cef6e9cb9f6b2.png

If not, then you have a defined Landing Point that will override your own decision to use some other spot for a "home" position .  You can remove the Landing Point by clicking the Clear button or by opening the Teleport Routing menu button and selecting Anywhere.

I know that I already gave you this advice earlier but I may not have been as clear about it as I meant to.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

What links are broken?  Where are you entering your name and password?  Who says that they are incorrect?

Yeah, this could be a much more serious problem than the "set home here" thing. Access to the forums is working (presumably for this same account) so the concern is that some unscrupulous, non-Linden location could be harvesting credentials.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.