DIFERENT SKIES AT DIFFERENT HEIGHTS

MALIFAX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

47 minutes ago, MALIFAX said:

Hi, is it possible for example to have a midday environment on sea level and a midnight one at 3000m altitude ?  (CF space station)

Yes, I've done this a few places, specifically for that "space station" effect, and also to have a portal-accessed "cellar" that is pitch black all around. The instructions are really sketchy, and every time I do it, it's by trial and (mostly) error, but you can start here in the wiki's "Day Cycle" explanation, including (my emphasis):

EEP Day Cycle Editor.png

Track Tabs

The tracks and their altitudes are displayed along the left side of the editing dialog. There is one track for water and 4 for sky settings. You can use these tabs to select which track you are editing. The timeline, to the right, will change to show the frames that have already been added to the track.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

Hi, is it possible for example to have a midday environment on sea level and a midnight one at 3000m altitude ?  (CF space station)

Thanks for your answers

Yes it is. Go to the ‘about land’ window for the parcel and bring up the environment tab. You’ll see that there are levels shown at 1000 meter increments. If you then look in the library section of your inventory there are several different types you can use in the environment folder. Rather than just dragging from the library, I tend to copy them into a folder in my inventory for ease of use. You can also buy themes from the marketplace too.

If you want to revert back to region default, just press the button labelled as such on the left side of the environment tab window.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moles

The Welcome Hub uses a custom EEP for the changing room parcel. It's the same daylight cycle as the rest of the region at ground level, but permanent midday at the skybox changing room level, so new accounts who don't yet know how to change their environment settings aren't trying to change their clothes in the dark. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.