How do I add a co-owner my my sim?

AtomicShrink

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Exactly what Rowan said.  Every item in SL, including parcels of land, can only be owned by one account. If you have created a group, you can deed your region to the group and then designate your husband as a co-owner of the group.  That will mean that you and he will have the same rights to set access privileges, change the music stream, rez and remove objects, and so on. The region itself will still remain under your name as the one who must pay the monthly fees to LL, but in all other relevant ways, the two of you will share responsibilities and privileges there.

Whenever the subject of group management comes up, we have to be sure to mention that a co-owner of a group has all the same abilities as the original owner.  Most importantly, neither one of you can kick the other one out. If your partnership should dissolve, you'll have to trust each your co-owner to leave voluntarily.  This can get tricky if the two of you have major problems, because either one can take or sell group objects and mess up the other one.  Sort of like Real Life, actually.

EDIT:   That's why Rowan suggested using the Estate Manager role instead of suggesting co-ownership, BTW.  😉

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, AtomicShrink said:

Where do I found how to deed?

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Deeding_land_to_groups

Summary:
First create an own group, than

1. Go to the land and right-click it. Select About Land from the menu.
  2. Click on the General tab.
  3. Click the Set button next to the Group name. A list of groups will appear.
  4. Select the group you want (I suggest your own group) and click Set.
  5. Check the Allow Deed to Group box and click the Deed button.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.