Older character AV’s

DaltonFergus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’m having the hardest time finding good character AV’s. Everyone wants some stud monkey to go bouncy bouncy on a desk or chair or any other inanimate object. (Some folks have some serious issues out there…)

I’m specifically looking for something like this. It’s an AI generated version of my current AV, which I never should have done because now I can only see how bad my attempt has been. I know someone out there is doing interesting work. I just can’t find them.

IMG_0040.jpeg

• Like 5

I tend to make "strange"-ish avs, I could easily age a couple of my current ones to something approaching that, I think.

arthurmyboyyyyyy2.thumb.png.bb94d11cddc713e77876fc835cb06d60.pngScreenshot_73_clipdrop-relight(2)32.thumb.png.4e2fafcc7de0b898a25b17d339cd30ce.pngScreenshot_8_clipdrop-relight.thumb.png.575af3aa42ed38a9c9e0903ee834a6d6.png

I think the key mostly is contouring and details. None of the base skins I've used here looked remotely close to what I wanted, so I went and hunted for BOM layers. I can go a bit in-depth, if you'd like, but that's the short version.

Edited by cariboustag
  • Like 12

36 minutes ago, DaltonFergus said:

I’m having the hardest time finding good character AV’s. Everyone wants some stud monkey to go bouncy bouncy on a desk or chair or any other inanimate object. (Some folks have some serious issues out there…)

I’m specifically looking for something like this. It’s an AI generated version of my current AV, which I never should have done because now I can only see how bad my attempt has been. I know someone out there is doing interesting work. I just can’t find them.

IMG_0040.jpeg

Oooo, I like that look!

Check out the BeSpoke Ryker head - can do some interesting looks with that one. 

ad_HUMANOID_RYKER_HEAD.png?ex=65836624&i

There are also some nice skins and skin effects/overlays at Unholy that might be able to take a regular Lelutka head and transform it nicely. Like these:

OLD BOY

THEODORE

For hair, maybe try Dura. For the beard, try Volkstone or No Match or Magnificent. There was another beard store around but I forgot the name and I'm drawing a blank! Let me know if you need me to dig around for it.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Fixing stuffs
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oooo, I like that look!

Check out the BeSpoke Ryker head - can do some interesting looks with that one. 

There are also some nice skins and skin effects/overlays at Unholy that might be able to take a regular Lelutka head and transform it nicely. Like these:

For hair, maybe try Dura. For the beard, try Volkstone or No Match or Magnificent. There was another beard store around but I forgot the name and I'm drawing a blank! Let me know if you need me to dig around for it.

Thank you! And the beard has been particularly troublesome. I’ll definitely check all of that out. I’ve got a Lelutka head on him now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DaltonFergus said:

Thank you! And the beard has been particularly troublesome. I’ll definitely check all of that out. I’ve got a Lelutka head on him now.

Yeah, listen to Ayashe for beards and hair, my boys never sport facial hair 99% of the time so that's a bit of a blindspot for me.

• Like 2

Just now, DaltonFergus said:

Any time! Which Lel head are you working with? 

Okara was the store I was thinking of, but they're all a bit shaven from what I see on Flickr. Try those other shops first - Magnificent has some thicker beards for sure. Also maybe take a peek at Not Found and see if they have any, too. 

If you dig around in some cosmetic shops also, you'll be able to find more BOM effects for the face like wrinkles, eye bags, frown lines, etc. All of that can help age avatars up a bit. If you need specific stores for that, too, lemme know (Izzie's is the main one, but there's also Jack Spoon and oh gosh...I forget now...so many places lol).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cariboustag said:

Yeah, listen to Ayashe for beards and hair, my boys never sport facial hair 99% of the time so that's a bit of a blindspot for me.

Funny enough, I don't wear beards either. I just shop way too damn much, lol.

Fuoey is another store you can check out for beards, too, speaking of shopping too much (I ran in there to peek at their hairbases once).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Any time! Which Lel head are you working with? 

Okara was the store I was thinking of, but they're all a bit shaven from what I see on Flickr. Try those other shops first - Magnificent has some thicker beards for sure. Also maybe take a peek at Not Found and see if they have any, too. 

If you dig around in some cosmetic shops also, you'll be able to find more BOM effects for the face like wrinkles, eye bags, frown lines, etc. All of that can help age avatars up a bit. If you need specific stores for that, too, lemme know (Izzie's is the main one, but there's also Jack Spoon and oh gosh...I forget now...so many places lol).

I have a Lelutka Quinn on him, and the Unholy is looking interesting to me. I have a lot riding on the hair right now. Hair gets me halfway there.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaltonFergus said:

I have a Lelutka Quinn on him, and the Unholy is looking interesting to me. I have a lot riding on the hair right now. Hair gets me halfway there.

Duuuuude, Quinn is a gorgeous head, and it's the model used in the Unholy ads, so you can judge by that how close you can get to your ideal look.

Hair does make a huge difference, for sure. Dura's got some styles that might work for you. I also wear a...shoot, what's that store. I want to say KUNI style. Lemme check...

Nope I lied. It's a style from Bonbon (I shamelessly wear womens hair on my male avatars - it just works for me).

Bonbon - Tame Hair

On one of my guys:

With time, I'd have won you

Also try No Match for some unisex hairstyles, Sintiklia has some interesting options (don't be afraid to try the womens hair!), Wings, Tram, DP Yum Yum...demo everything because you just never know what'll work!

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Duuuuude, Quinn is a gorgeous head, and it's the model used in the Unholy ads, so you can judge by that how close you can get to your ideal look.

Hair does make a huge difference, for sure. Dura's got some styles that might work for you. I also wear a...shoot, what's that store. I want to say KUNI style. Lemme check...

Nope I lied. It's a style from Bonbon (I shamelessly wear womens hair on my male avatars - it just works for me).

Bonbon - Tame Hair

On one of my guys:

With time, I'd have won you

Also try No Match for some unisex hairstyles, Sintiklia has some interesting options (don't be afraid to try the womens hair!), Wings, Tram, DP Yum Yum...demo everything because you just never know what'll work!

Heh, I'll have to demo this hair. Would look perfect on the Lel Prim head. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank everyone for great suggestions! 

Here’s where he sits now. Still tinkering a bit, but he’s about where I wanted him.

Hair from No Match, beard and mustache from Volkstone from @Ayashe Ninetails suggestions. Clothing and glasses from Contraption, which I have been addicted to for a while. Thank you @Persephone Emerald for pointing out the Arthur skin from Genus, and @cariboustag, thank you SO much for some tricks I’ll be using on everything I do with AV’ from here on out!

IMG_0525.jpeg

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.