KYC Form on withdrawal??

RohanaRaven Zerbino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

Thanks Alwin. I honestly don't understand why we have to do that all over again.

could be two things ...

first is the government adjusted the rules and LL/Tillia needs to have more info from their users on file...

second thing could  be...

Due to the maintenance,

could be taken as, we screwed up and lost data from some accounts.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

I'm puzzled why I had to do this on one account, but not another.

I'm also wondering if Linden Lab issues a 1099 form, in compliance with the law, for funds cashed out (hopefully, not for US dollars created to pay tier), then that will be a duplicate of, or overlap with, the 1099 that PayPal will also send out now, for Tilia and other payments. So I guess one can only keep good records and hope to sort it out at tax time. 

Edited by Prokofy Neva

I am a bit confused as I am not from the USA. I withdraw money from SL, what will linden lab send to my RL address? I am confused about the address part? What do they mean that they will use the address for tax purposes? I pay taxes myself in my own country. Also it forces me to write state but there are no "states" in my country. I cannot leave it empty, it says I must fill it.

249c3967f31cebfcfd05d9f7e603c028-1.png.eff659be7674e5a70c8a854d289fa037.png

19 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

first is the government adjusted the rules and LL/Tillia needs to have more info from their users on file...

This, the US made a dumb rule lowering the 'you need to do more paperwork' threshold from 2000 USD to 600. The IRS didn't enforce it last year, and they announced today they're not going to enforce it this year, but paypal, tillia etc. are going to need to send out a lot of nuisance tax forms, maybe next year or the year after. . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.