Second Life Discord: Issue with updated rule

Arwyn Quandry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm really not sure where to ask this because I have no way to post in the Discord but there's an issue with the new rule that Keira Linden posted about on Nov 3 regarding users needing to change their names to their SL names. I joined the discord and filled out the form to get access but haven't been accepted yet. Because of this, I'm not allowed to change my server nickname due to the server rules. It appears things are set up so only accepted members can change their nicknames, meaning pending people are sort of SOL.

Could the folks in charge of the discord either go through pendings and accept us before the cutoff date so we can comply or make it so pending users can update their nicknames?

EDIT: Resolved! I think someone noticed this post and updated the server settings, I can now change my nickname without being accepted. Thanks, kind folks!

Edited by Arwyn Quandry
  • Like 1

7 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

This isn't something that other SL residents can do anything about.  Keira seems to be the administrator. You should submit a support case to ask her to resolve the issue.

I wasn't asking for resident help, I was hoping to find someone in a more official capacity who could pass this along. There's no ticket option that fits this. I suppose I could try to send her an NC in-world?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rechecked today and it doesn't seem to actually be fixed, at least from mobile. Yesterday it appeared to change my server nickname but wound up changing my entire account nickname. I've sent an in-world NC so hopefully that gets her attention. Otherwise it seems pretty silly for them to have an ostensibly public Discord if they're not going to let people in. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.