Negative linden balance

TamiJean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, TamiJean said:

How is it possible to log in to the negative linden balance? I only had like 10L, but logged in to -16L. How??

Group liabilities. Some groups that pay to be in search use contributions from members. I don't understand completely how it works, but these may be groups for which you are owner or officer.

"Groups do not have an account of their own, instead all group liabilities (such as land tier) and assets (such as money paid to a group-deeded object) are distributed among all members who have the ability "Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends". This ability can be found under "Accounting"."

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Group#Groups_and_Money

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 8

20 hours ago, TamiJean said:

How is it possible to log in to the negative linden balance? I only had like 10L, but logged in to -16L. How??

You don't even need to be an owner or officer of a group to get charged.  The Forum Cartel inworld group has the 'Pay Liabilities' applied to the Everyone role, so the weekly 30L is randomly split amongst 30 members.  A few of my alts sometimes end up negative due to that.  We refund anyone in the group that requests it, but everybody is still part of the role to pay that fee.

ETA:  Check your L$ Transaction History to see which group you L$ have been going to.  Some groups leave the 'Pay Liabilities' set to everyone by mistake, so you can always ask the group owner about it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You don't even need to be an owner or officer of a group to get charged.  The Forum Cartel inworld group has the 'Pay Liabilities' applied to the Everyone role, so the weekly 30L is randomly split amongst 30 members.  A few of my alts sometimes end up negative due to that.  We refund anyone in the group that requests it, but everybody is still part of the role to pay that fee.

ETA:  Check your L$ Transaction History to see which group you L$ have been going to.  Some groups leave the 'Pay Liabilities' set to everyone by mistake, so you can always ask the group owner about it.

Hmmm not sure if I ever actually was a group member will have to check :) Waves to littleme long time no see

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

Hmmm not sure if I ever actually was a group member will have to check :) Waves to littleme long time no see

/me waves back

The member list is fairly large and the "30 people" are very random.  Some of my alts have never been charged and some have  been charged multiple times.  Total luck of the draw.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.