Sim Settings Not Working

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If this post is in the wrong place please move  it to the right place

As far as I know by setting  Landing Point  for Teleport Routing in the Options tab, this should take anyone teleporting within the sim back to the Landing Point... This is not happening... I can teleport anywhere with in the sim.  Also I want to turn off flying on the land and again under Options in About Land  I  have the option for flying turned off, yet I can fly on the land.  Anyone have a clue what we have set wrong and/or how to fix this issue

Options Settings.jpg

3 hours ago, Claire Spellhunter said:

If this post is in the wrong place please move  it to the right place

As far as I know by setting  Landing Point  for Teleport Routing in the Options tab, this should take anyone teleporting within the sim back to the Landing Point... 

I can teleport anywhere with in the sim.  

it doesn't matter a lot, and the answer is correct,  but what you say and show, doesn't match. You show the parcel settings, but talk about region setting.

• Like 1

Thank you for your responses. Saying Sim was my mistake, yes it’s a parcel owned by my partner not me. It used to be that I could change the Teleport Route and even I couldn’t teleport to specific locations but now I can… I did test with an alt and they can do the same including the flying… I will check the group settings… Thanks again…

Edit - thank you all for your advice, it was group settings that was causing my issue... All sorted now..

Edited by Claire Spellhunter
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Claire Spellhunter said:

As far as I know by setting  Landing Point  for Teleport Routing in the Options tab, this should take anyone teleporting within the sim back to the Landing Point... This is not happening... I can teleport anywhere with in the sim. 

Of course you can, you're the Big Cheese in the damn land group, so teleport routing won't work on YOU. It's just for visiting plebs.

Also I want to turn off flying on the land and again under Options in About Land  I  have the option for flying turned off, yet I can fly on the land.

You're still the Big Cheese in the dam land group, again, that setting is just for the plebs who visit.

Anyone have a clue what we have set wrong

Well, if it were me, I'd tick NO PUSHIING for starters, unless, you know, you WANT griefers to be able to harass your visitors.

I'd also turn OFF the fixed landing point. Those tend to annoy shoppers, accidentally double click instead of single click on a demo giver, and you end up half way across the sim, puts you off your shopping, has you cursing the merchant who expects you to take a route march every time you want to buy anything.

And it I'd untick the "seen and heard from outside the parcel". But that's less critical.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I'd also turn OFF the fixed landing point. Those tend to annoy shoppers, accidentally double click instead of single click on a demo giver, and you end up half way across the sim, puts you off your shopping, has you cursing the merchant who expects you to take a route march every time you want to buy anything.

so much this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2023 at 8:21 PM, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Of course you can, you're the Big Cheese in the damn land group, so teleport routing won't work on YOU. It's just for visiting plebs.

You're still the Big Cheese in the dam land group, again, that setting is just for the plebs who visit.

Well, if it were me, I'd tick NO PUSHIING for starters, unless, you know, you WANT griefers to be able to harass your visitors.

And it I'd untick the "seen and heard from outside the parcel". But that's less critical.

not a store so no big issue on the landing point... I am the little Cheese, so to speak so was wondering why I could fly and teleport... it was in the group settings not the parcel settings... but thank you for your advice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.