Unable to add a receiving account / request process credit from Tilia Account

Ellixah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just filled out my personal information and was notified that my Tilia Wallet has been approved and is ready.
When I attempted to select a payment method, I get this Error:

Your update failed. Please try again later.

The option to transfer my Tilia balance is grayed out and cannot be selected.

Has anyone experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?

9 answers to this question

Double check to be sure that you are trying to add a verified PayPal account as the payout method. The word "verified" in this context means "verified by PayPal". The idea is that because electronic transfers are very fast, it's always possible for a transfer to screw up if there isn't a clear path between the sender and the ultimate receiver of funds. To prevent that, Tilia asks PayPal to certify that they know where your cash will be coming from (that is, a bank account or a credit card) if you are buying L$.  It's less important if you are trying to transfer credit out of SL, but as far as Tilia and PayPal are concerned "verified" means "verified for transfers both ways".   Anyway, check to be sure that you have followed PayPal's instructions (on their web site) to complete the process.

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Double check to be sure that you are trying to add a verified PayPal account as the payout method. The word "verified" in this context means "verified by PayPal". The idea is that because electronic transfers are very fast, it's always possible for a transfer to screw up if there isn't a clear path between the sender and the ultimate receiver of funds. To prevent that, Tilia asks PayPal to certify that they know where your cash will be coming from (that is, a bank account or a credit card) if you are buying L$.  It's less important if you are trying to transfer credit out of SL, but as far as Tilia and PayPal are concerned "verified" means "verified for transfers both ways".   Anyway, check to be sure that you have followed PayPal's instructions (on their web site) to complete the process.

Thanks for getting back to me! When I said Verified, I mean through Tilia. I provided my tax info. I have not attempted to link my Paypal (or any external account) so far. Is there a page I should be on to do this? 

When I hit "change" nothing happens. (Just the error I stated above)

image.png?ex=651c805c&is=651b2edc&hm=b4668ae106097aa437d0dce300939ecb7e95b3ab6945ed499f0eb931f02a0157&

Edited by Ellixah

27 minutes ago, Ellixah said:

Thanks for getting back to me! When I said Verified, I mean through Tilia. I provided my tax info. I have not attempted to link my Paypal (or any external account) so far. Is there a page I should be on to do this? 

When I hit "change" nothing happens. (Just the error I stated above)

image.png?ex=651c805c&is=651b2edc&hm=b4668ae106097aa437d0dce300939ecb7e95b3ab6945ed499f0eb931f02a0157&

Try a different browser - sometimes I get odd errors that are not a problem in a different browser.  If that doesn't work, contact Billing:

Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 5pm EST(6am to 2pm PST), Monday through Friday.
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131008-billing-support

If you open your dashboard at secondlife.com and then look at the Account >> Billing Information page, you should see this:

image.jpeg.494b8c8470ae7beaf026a6450213576b.jpeg

If you already have a verified PayPal account, go ahead and click the Add a PayPal Account link to add it.  If your PayPal account isn't verified by PayPal yet, go to their web site and verify it there first.  Then come back to this page and add the account.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you open your dashboard at secondlife.com and then look at the Account >> Billing Information page, you should see this:

image.jpeg.494b8c8470ae7beaf026a6450213576b.jpeg

If you already have a verified PayPal account, go ahead and click the Add a PayPal Account link to add it.  If your PayPal account isn't verified by PayPal yet, go to their web site and verify it there first.  Then come back to this page and add the account.

I see! Thanks so much. I have my debit card info there but not PayPal. Does Tilia require Paypal or can we use our banking info? I really dislike PayPal but I will connect it if I have no other choice lol.

Take a look at the Knowledge Base:

How can I withdraw USD credit from my account balance? You may choose to credit your US dollar balance to a PayPal or Skrill account. This is known as a process credit request, because you are requesting to process credit from the Second Life system to your real-world account.

Depending on which option you choose, you may be subject to fees and minimum withdrawal amounts.

So, you may not credit your USD balance to your bank account or credit card, or any other entity. Your choices are PayPal or Skrill.

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Hi I know how to do it but I've decided  to goto basic  right now but when I decide to be a vip again I will be one.

• Confused 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.