About land.

Alisima

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We bought land an abandoned 4096. which we abandoned . My husband and I took our premium land and joined them and bought some linden land.  two joined parcels that  are due linden labs and made a sky box!   Now we are getting billed as if if we still own the 4096.  make it stop.  Web both have 1024 and doubling that that is what our sky box is under one group 2048.  Again why are we still paying?

How long ago did you abandon the land? You will be billed each month for the highest amount of land  you owned the previous month, even if you only owned it for one day (or less!). So, for example, if you abandoned that land on the first day of August, you'd still be billed for it for the month of August. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alisima said:

We bought land an abandoned 4096. which we abandoned . My husband and I took our premium land and joined them and bought some linden land.  two joined parcels that  are due linden labs and made a sky box!   Now we are getting billed as if if we still own the 4096.  make it stop.  Web both have 1024 and doubling that that is what our sky box is under one group 2048.  Again why are we still paying?

As Sylvia said, land TIER is billed in arrears for the highest amount used in the billing period (previous 30 days of the billing Date).

Second -- These forums are simply other residents here to help each other out.  LL does not read about or solve issues via the Forums.  If you truly need LL to check into this issue, open a Support ticket.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

On the Land Use page of your account, have you reduced the tier you are paying for?

I think you have to manually unsubscribe from the additional tier as well as abandoning the land you were using it for.

Keeping it at a higher level on the Land Use page won't automatically mean you're charged at the higher usage unless you own that amount...You won't receive a warning if you do choose a lower tier, however.

. If you release land holdings or donations and want to receive tier warnings at a new, lower level, you must tier-down using the radio buttons below. (You may remain at the higher tier level without penalty; tier fees are only charged for the total amount of land actually held within your billing cycle.) If you don't lower your tier and purchase more land, no warnings are sent, as you are still within the tier you allotted.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.