(Delete if not allowed) Miepon

Skylar Woodford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I understand Gacha sales are no longer allowed, They are now called Miepon? Also known as Conveyer Belts?

I have only found two places in SL that have Miepon, The Arcade and Concept - I wonder if there are any more?

I know I can look on the MP for Gacha - But I specifically am looking for those Miepon Machines.

Edited by Skylar Woodford
  • Like 2

• Skylar Woodford changed the title to (Delete if not allowed) Miepon
28 minutes ago, Skylar Woodford said:

They are now called Miepon? Also known as Conveyer Belts?

I've never heard this, others will probably chime in one way or the other. If these other products are "just like gachas" but called something different to get around the rules, that wouldn't be allowed. "Gacha" isn't just a "name", it describes products sold a certain way that can usually be resold. 

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

if these other products are "just like gachas" but called something different to get around the rules, that wouldn't be allowed.

It's been a bit since the gacha ban scare, but the TL;DR from what I remember is that as long as the vendor shows you exactly what you're going to buy for the exact transaction you're making, and you don't call it gacha, it's allowed. so "Conveyor belts" that show you the item you're buying and the next 3~10 items it's going to sell are allowed. There were also some stipulations about transfer-ability which I didn't quite catch the nuances of, but I think it boiled down to a specific allowance of "fishing" for non-transfer items of "zero value".

I'm not intimately familiar with the current state of it, but from what I gather, the only "miepon" are from specific creators, or event-holders. creators want their vendors to be at the event places with the most traffic, so consolidation is to be expected, I wouldn't be surprised if the Arcade and Concept had 90% of what's out there, assuming they duplicate most big individual vendors like Nutbusterz and Positive Wavelength (I haven't checked, did they both convert to conveyors?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Quistess Alpha said:

wouldn't be surprised if the Arcade and Concept had 90% of what's out there, assuming they duplicate most big individual vendors like Nutbusterz and Positive Wavelength (I haven't checked, did they both convert to conveyors?)

I have frequently haunted the Concept machines as I sooooooooo often find myself totally obsessed with their gacha items.  I need my hand slapped.  😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Skylar Woodford said:

I understand Gacha sales are no longer allowed, They are now called Miepon? Also known as Conveyer Belts?

I have only found two places in SL that have Miepon, The Arcade and Concept - I wonder if there are any more?

I know I can look on the MP for Gacha - But I specifically am looking for those Miepon Machines.

There's quite a few, and you'll probably find them while you're not actually looking for them, although there might be miepon or nextup groups in world that let each other know when another machine has been found. There were a few at Kowloon when I was there a few days ago. How useful they would be to you, I wouldn't know, but I purchased a few fun items from them. 

Another thread was started a few months ago which has links within that may be of interest to you.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

There's quite a few, and you'll probably find them while you're not actually looking for them, although there might be miepon or nextup groups in world that let each other know when another machine has been found. There were a few at Kowloon when I was there a few days ago. How useful they would be to you, I wouldn't know, but I purchased a few fun items from them. 

/me immediately writes "visit Kowloon" on her to-do list and looks guiltily around.............

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The difference between Gatcha vs. Miepon vendors is that with Gatcha people could not tell what they were getting for their money, but with Miepon or conveyor belt systems we can tell. You may find Miepon or similar vendors in individual stores, as well as at events such as Arcade. 

I've used the Miepon vendors at Mila hair to get hair that I love. I also looked on Marketplace for particular colors that I wanted. The items are No Copy/ Transferable, so I gave my duplicate pieces to my alt or saved them boxed as back-up pieces. At $L 75 a pull, with 2 machines, it wasn't too hard to get the more rare multicolor HUD pieces just by waiting and checking the vendors every day or so. I paid less than I have in the past on Gatcha vendors.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.