About Marketplace

Micaiyahwen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First off I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this in, please move to correct place if not.

So, this is just more of a suggestion or feedback.

Could there possibly be a button in Marketplace somewhere they we can click to do a filtered search for ONLY scripted items?

I tend to do searches for Full Perm items that I can add to whatever it is I am building at the moment. When I decide I want to search for...for example: a Full Perm scripted couch.... preferably mesh. I will go to the Marketplace, type in "scripted" in the search. Then I click on the Permissions I am seeking (Copy, Modify and Transferrable), since it is something being added into my personal build, it needs to be Full Perms. So, in that search I am getting tons of the items I'm seeking, but each and every one of them are NOT scripted...some even says so in the title of the items...others you have to click to open the product page to find out it says it is not scripted.... and yet others don't even have anything posted anywhere on their product page that states it is not scripted. I've purchased a few items thinking they were scripted, because it doesn't say otherwise, only to get the product and find out it's not scripted.

I'm not sure if it is because some creators are just putting the product into the wrong categories or many categories... perhaps to get more views or purchases on or from more pages... Either way, it's extremely annoying when you do an actual search for one specific thing, and tons of other products not even related to what you are searching for, comes up. I keep my settings on General, Moderate and Adult for the most part. So, it's not anything to do with that either. And then there is the part where it says Do Not Show: Limited Quantities or Demo Items. When I do my searches, I always put a check on the Do Not Show Demo Items. Your filter Does Not Work for this. Because when I do my search, and the check mark is on.... because I check it again when I find tons of Demos still. I don't need or want these Demos. If a Demo is available for an outfit or hair or shoes etc... I go to the actual product page (that is NOT a Demo) and look for the link that says Try Demo. Thats all that is needed. The link is large enough that it can't be missed. We don't need it on the main page to search Demos.

There have also been times that I am searching for an outfit, come across the Demo of a specific outfit, on the Demo product page, there is the link to get the Full Version, but when you click on to get full version... that full version is NOT there to purchase. The link leads you back to home page.

I'm not sure if a more filtered search can be done or not. But, the Do Not Show: Limited Quantities or Demo Items needs to be fixed. If it doesn't work, why is it even there then?

MP 2.png

MP 3.png

MP 5.png

MP 6.png

MP 7 Cropped.png

MP 1.png

Edited by Quartz Mole

I think one problem is that if a person puts, say, "not scripted" in their keyword spam thingy for a product, it includes the word "scripted", and will turn up in search.

...nevermind the fact that I can type in "shoes" and get results for lingerie, tattoos, and vajayjays.

It may be an assist to search using the specific category Home & Garden, so as to (hopefully) exclude Building Components turning up, and then look to the left and click the link for Furniture so as to filter closer.  I can't guarantee anything though, because again, who knows what people put in their keywords, or how they categorize their products.

Edited by PheebyKatz

On 8/24/2023 at 10:43 AM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Yes.

All answers answered.

No. Clever retort is fail.

You can only assign one category to a product listing. I don't think they're all listing vajayjays as shoes.

It's keyword spam, IMO.

As for demos showing up, if a person makes a demo version of a product, they're supposed to link it to the main product as a demo, and if they don't, apparently it can be flagged/reported for that. If they don't link it as a demo, it will most certainly turn up even when the "no demos" checkbox is checked.

At least this is what I was told.

Edited by PheebyKatz

Duh! I typed in animated into the search box, and it listed stuff with "not animated" in the title/description, then i searched for "scripted" and got "not scripted" items, I don't understand!

The phrase "This product is not scripted" contains the search term "scripted", Ta-DA! Failed search terms leads to failed search.

Also, excluding demos isn't based on the appearance of the letters D, E, M, and O in the title, but on if it's flagged as a demo in the listing. This is deliberate, as otherwise, excluding DEMO's would probably also exclude DEMOns, DEMOnic, DEMOnology, and a whole bunch of other terms that might have D, E, M, and O in them.

People should at least qualify for their White Belt in Google-Fu before complaining that search "doesn't work".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The phrase "This product is not scripted" contains the search term "scripted", Ta-DA! Failed search terms leads to failed search.

Also, excluding demos isn't based on the appearance of the letters D, E, M, and O in the title, but on if it's flagged as a demo in the listing. This is deliberate, as otherwise, excluding DEMO's would probably also exclude DEMOns, DEMOnic, DEMOnology, and a whole bunch of other terms that might have D, E, M, and O in them.

People should at least qualify for their White Belt in Google-Fu before complaining that search "doesn't work".

So, using advanced Google-Fu, would would search for: 

"scripted" and NOT "not scripted"

"demo" and NOT "not demo"

etc.?

Com-pew-tors are confusing as heck!

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, using advanced Google-Fu, would would search for: 

"scripted" and NOT "not scripted"

"demo" and NOT "not demo"

etc.?

Com-pew-tors are confusing as heck!

Personally, I'd just type "scripted" because there won't be THAT many products with "not scripted" in the title or description, and finding that oh 5 not scripted items on a page of 96 search hits, isn't that big a deal, I can just ignore those as I scan the page.

As for searching for "animated", what does that even mean? Do they want an animesh object, or a scripted moving parts old school prim build object, where each moving part is translated and rotated by script commands, or are they looking for a NON-animated object with a scripted sit animation menu, like a sofa?

So you're better off picking a suitable category to search in, and a different search word that more accurately represents what you actually want, so for example search for "sofa" in the Furniture category.

There was a post in the Avatar section of the forum, where some newcomer asked if anyone could identify an item worn in a blog post picture they had seen.

First reply suggested searching the MP for [wrong search keywords] and said that such a search would show 7000 plus hits, the implication being that they were being OH SO HELPFUL in telling you to scroll through 7000 listings of the WRONG DANM THINGS.

2nd Reply was from me, as I knew EXACTLY what the item was, since I OWN one of the 2 variants of it, I know what it is, who makes it, where it's sold, how much it costs, I can even give you step by step instructions to get from the store's fixed landing point to the vendor board. I also know that it's NOT available on the MP.

3rd Reply was what appears to be somebody's butt-hurt sock-puppet alt, defending the "search the MP for the wrong stuff and manually scroll through 7000 wrong items" approach, and denigrating me for telling the OP what it actually is, and where to get it.

A few yearss back, somebody else asked for advice on good places to get Maitreya lingerie, and a well known forumite ( a guy with no female avatars or alts) replied "search MP for maitreya lingerie", somebody else then replied that such advice wasn't that helpful as searching for maitreya lingerie, at that time, turned up over 250,000 hits, most of which were not Maitreya lingerie at all.

Using the MP isn't THAT hard, if you take the trouble to think carefully about what you are looking for, and use suitable search terms, including use of boolean operators like [ AND / NOT / OR ] and make use of the categories, and the search filters.

For example, if searching for maitreya lingerie, I'd NEVER use "relevance" as a sort order, as that will throw up 15 yr old system lingerie layers that look awful, sso you use "newest first" and maybe add fitted mesh to the search terms.

A basic part time evening "Beginners Class in Google-Fu", at your local Computer-Dojo is more than sufficient.

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2023 at 10:56 PM, PheebyKatz said:

I think one problem is that if a person puts, say, "not scripted" in their keyword spam thingy for a product, it includes the word "scripted", and will turn up in search.

...nevermind the fact that I can type in "shoes" and get results for lingerie, tattoos, and vajayjays.

It may be an assist to search using the specific category Home & Garden, so as to (hopefully) exclude Building Components turning up, and then look to the left and click the link for Furniture so as to filter closer.  I can't guarantee anything though, because again, who knows what people put in their keywords, or how they categorize their products.

You get those results (bits) no matter what your search words are. Unless you search just General. 

8 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:
On 8/24/2023 at 5:43 PM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:
On 8/24/2023 at 4:37 AM, Micaiyahwen said:

I'm not sure if it is because some creators are just putting the product into the wrong categories or many categories

Yes.

It's keyword spam

You're right. I didn't consider that. Keyword spam is rampant, more so than miscategorization.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.