How do I fill out a support ticket?

Geraldene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to fill out a case ticket for an item I bought in game. How do I do that? This transationtook place at the store in game, not market place. I have IM'd and sent two note cards. not a peep from the owner. This transaction was on 6/14/2011.

3 answers to this question

Hi Geraldene,

Welcome to Second Life Answers. 

When have you bought the item? Sometimes delivery takes longer. Check the delivery status at Marketplace first please. Is the item signed as delivered? Have you looked in your Inventory? Have you cleared cache?

If you did this all contact with the merchant. 

You can add more information to your post in 'Options'-----> Edit. 

Go to >>>> https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/  , select the appropriate category, and fill out the form.

If you are concerned about delayed delivery of an item fro Marketplace or an in-world shop, however, it is wise (and usually faster) to contact the merchant first.  To get a record of the individual items in a Marketplace order, open Marketplace and click the My Marketplace menu at the top of the page. Select My Account >> Order History from the pulldown menu. To get details for an in-world purchase, open your dashboard at secondlife.com and navigate to Account >> Transaction History. If you do not receive items within about 24 hours, you should cut and paste the information about a missing item from that Order History and send it in a IM or notecard to the merchant, along with a polite message requesting redelivery. Most merchants are very kind and willing to redeliver. This happens all the time and they are aware of it. Do be patient, though. Not everyone logs in to SL every day or checks their e-mail. If you still haven't heard in another day or two, follow it up with a second polite note and finally, if you STILL haven't heard, then go ahead and file a support ticket.

If you have already sent notecards WITH the information from your transaction history and have not received a reyply, your only real course of action it to wait. In the North American summer in particular, designers are often away for long periods of time (sometimes months). I know this seems unwise, but it has been that way for years now. You might also check the profile of the designer and see if they have a manager or an assistant that you can contact.

Filing a ticket with Linden Labs over a purchased not receieved will not do any good. That is not their terrirtory and the last time I tried to file a ticket (a BIG inventory loss)  there were very few categories that were considered viable ticket topics.

Your item may appear eventually either from the designer or perhaps if the database "finds" it. There have been several times during the last couple weeks when residents were advised not to purchase things because of database work going on. You may have purchased during that time.

You can always check the status page before buying. Of course VERY few folks actually do that :D.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.