Suddenly: Failed to find body part XYZ in the database

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, when I log in EVERYTHING I am wearing comes up with this error, or something like it:

Failed to find body part XYZ in the database

What has gone wrong?  (Firestorm latest)

Edited by Anna Nova
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

Just now, when I log in EVERYTHING I am wearing comes up with this error, or something like it:

Failed to body part XYZ in the database

What has gone wrong?  (Firestorm latest)

On rare occasions this can also mean that the worn assets have been corrupted.  This is often the cause of staying a cloud when one of the four mandatory wearables have been corrupted.  It's happened to me several times.  One time a copy (I have several now) of my shape was corrupted and on another occasion it was a dress I was wearing.

The only solution I could find is to switch to other copies of those assets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Anna Nova changed the title to Suddenly: Failed to find body part XYZ in the database

As rightly foretold by @Fionaleinthis cured itself overnight.  AWS is worth it!  (Not)

One of my alts what was exhibiting the issue didn't recover properly, and remained an orange cloud.  And as @Gabriele Gravessaid, the only way to fix it was to replace the 4 essential assets.  Once that was done I was back in business.

Edited by Anna Nova
added a bit
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Some of your Alt's stuff might resurface in the Lost and Found directory. Funny enough if you still have links in your saved outfits pointing to the Lost&Found items they will still be linked.

Yeah, Linking in SL isn't like a symbolic link in Linux...  O.o   Thanks for everyone's help on this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to me again yesterday.  Tried an alt, and that was the same too.  Everything in the inventory reported inaccessible.  Solution, log out and do something else for an hour, then re-log and all well.  Smells of AWS to me (well AWS, like most of Amazon, just stinks).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.