Home Decor and Landscaping Threads or Forum Sections

JulsToffy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone :) I have a question! There is a lot of discussion threads about avatar appearance, looking for clothes items and the like, but there isn't really any space on the forums to talk about homes, home decorations and what everyone likes to do with the many decor and furniture items they own. Could we have such a space, or maybe I or anyone else could make a thread about it in some existing forum section? I'm just not sure where.

I know there are forums to discuss land, but I think the point of threads there is a bit different.

You are right that it is one thread "Show your Mainland home", and one for the Linden Homes, but nothing for private estates. It could be one where all SL homes was invited to show how they decorate and landscape.

It has been tried to post threads like this in General Discussion, but they are not popular and it is no more posts after a few days.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You are right that it is one thread "Show your Mainland home", and one for the Linden Homes, but nothing for private estates. It could be one where all SL homes was invited to show how they decorate and landscape.

It has been tried to post threads like this in General Discussion, but they are not popular and it is no more posts after a few days.

I think it is because people change their appearance more often than their home or their home decorations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

yeah I really miss having such spaces to talk about it :) yet there are so many furniture stores and clearly the flickr side of home decor is thriving.

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think it is because people change their appearance more often than their home or their home decorations.

I am now actually curious to learn more about how often people change their home decor, as I'm guilty of doing it way too often! lol!

I say the Land Forum is too far down. It is ignored by all who casually visit the forums. You have to know it is there, and scroll down, since it does not appear on a regular sized screen like most people have.

So a thread about homes under "General" there is doomed to fade away in obscurity.

The thread "All in one about Home Furnishings" in Linden Homes is still alive because of a small number of people who has posted there since 2019. No one will read there unless they already know it.

It is also meant for Linden Homes who has only 361 Li to decorate with. (Until the 2048m theme)

So big land impact stuff is rarely posted there, and always with a warning: "Not for those who need low Li, but maybe..."

Linden Homes also has small parcels and a covenant that restrict what can be added. So it is not a thread that works for all SL homes.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I say the Land Forum is too far down. It is ignored by all who casually visit the forums. You have to know it is there, and scroll down, since it does not appear on a regular sized screen like most people have.

So a thread about homes under "General" there is doomed to fade away in obscurity.

The thread "All in one about Home Furnishings" in Linden Homes is still alive because of a small number of people who has posted there since 2019. No one will read there unless they already know it.

It is also meant for Linden Homes who has only 361 Li to decorate with. (Until the 2048m theme)

So big land impact stuff is rarely posted there, and always with a warning: "Not for those who need low Li, but maybe..."

Linden Homes also has small parcels and a covenant that restrict what can be added. So it is not a thread that works for all SL homes.

Yes indeed! I think the lack of activity is because the land forums feel so constricted to Linden Homes, for real. And the home threads there seem to be used to promote sales and such. But I think it could be fun to discuss the matter, just like we discuss appearances. I've been feeling a lack of spaces like that in general.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JulsToffy said:

I am now actually curious to learn more about how often people change their home decor, as I'm guilty of doing it way too often! lol!

Well, I've changed my living room sofa, oh, once, in the last two years. I repositioned the furniture in the Evil Plans Planning room, twice in two years. The only changes to the kitchen in the last three years are the exact contents of the fridge, and what food-givers are currently out on the kitchen worktop for visitors to click on. Other than that, the only REGULAR change is the Crimbo Tree going up in December, and coming down in early January and randomly changing the picture on the living room wall.

original_61a1b94dcd8dbc678b3b8bf9.thumb.jpg.d4ffc399cf6e148febc47e232d9ce28b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, JulsToffy said:

The problem for me now, is that I have a land/house I am so satisfied with. It is a most peculiar thing. I want to do something new, but I will not take down what I have.

I solved the "problem" last year by renting parcels and set up other houses and decorating them. This year I decided to save money, and have only one place.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The problem for me now, is that I have a land/house I am so satisfied with. It is a most peculiar thing. I want to do something new, but I will not take down what I have.

I solved the "problem" last year by renting parcels and set up other houses and decorating them. This year I decided to save money, and have only one place.

Oh i feel you 😅 I rented out a place good enough to fit in my private home and to have space for my creative endeavors and decor blogging.

But I used to have two parcels as well and it was not very convenient to be honest hehe. I'm still on the lookout for even better place for both my directions.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 3:16 PM, Marianne Little said:

I hop from Belli home to Belli home, because I need to be at the particular one for measurements and product photography, when I work for my Belli Shop.
If I stay longer, I always start decorating the place.
I love decorating. But when it is time to move on, I really don't care to pull everything down again and start all over on the next location.
My favorites are the Dock Holiday houseboat and the Tortuga stilt home.
At the moment I'm decorating a Dock Holiday for my inworld holiday this year. It is fun to try to get the most out of the LI available and then enjoy the water.
For a few weeks no hammers, saws and nails, but a boat 🚤  and a glass of pina colada 🍸 in Bellisseria for me.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.